Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How high can I lift it??

WetWillie
    That is the lift Toby has on his..

BLOWN HOWARD
    I was told this is supposed to be a real good lift.
    http://www.californiasupertrucks.com...D&productID=28
    You know my buddy just showed up with his new 2500hd with the CST lift and they do it way diff than the RCD guys do. I guess as long as it works. Yeah def bag it for sure, i am getting ready to bag mine here pretty quick. In case anybody wants to know the diff between the two kits. Here is what i can see.
    RCD drops the lower control arm mount and runs a bigger spindle
    CST drops uper and lower control arm mounts with the stock spindle

TOBTEK
    I want to put a lift on a 04 Chevy Duramax how tall can I make it and still pull a fifth wheel?? Can I do 35" tires? I would like to make it look like this.. I would do 33" if it would not look dumb.. What would a fifth wheel looked like hooked to this?? I dont really want to lift the fifth wheel??
    http://www.sdcrew.com/gallery/albums...l_IMG_0251.JPG
    Hey big man...I told you some wrong info last night. I have the 6" CST lift with deever rear springs. NOT 8"...my bad, I was tired from moving all weekend AGAIN...and we get to AGAIN in a few months

RidinRed
    IMO,
    Go with 6" CST or RCD with 35's (or metric equal), the fronts may rub the inner fender & the back will be fine. If the 5'er is a Toy Hauler you should be OK, if travel trailer you may need taller tires on it to keep it level. Worse case is flipping the trailer axles under the springs, usaully no big deal.
    See 'em all the time at the dunes

jackpunx
    when I was shopping for 5th wheels.. we mesured mine.. I have a ford with 6" lift and 37's..
    it was just a little to high.. but would work
    they said 6" and 35's will work.. on a GMC.. I think they are just a little shorter than ford..

SoCalHD
    You know my buddy just showed up with his new 2500hd with the CST lift and they do it way diff than the RCD guys do. I guess as long as it works. Yeah def bag it for sure, i am getting ready to bag mine here pretty quick. In case anybody wants to know the diff between the two kits. Here is what i can see.
    RCD drops the lower control arm mount and runs a bigger spindle
    CST drops uper and lower control arm mounts with the stock spindle
    With the spindles on lifts such as RCD, Fabtech, Rancho, ect... you have the front wheels sticking out. With the CST, everything in the front is dropped 6"-the diff, upper and lower control arms, ect. That way, you get a true 6" lift without cranking up the torsion bars and sacrificing the ride quality.
    With the spindle lifts, they drop the front diff 4.5", cut off the upper mounting ear from the case, and rotate it slightly to get proper pinion angle. Then you have to crank the torsion bars to get to 6" of lift.

BLOWN HOWARD
    With the spindles on lifts such as RCD, Fabtech, Rancho, ect... you have the front wheels sticking out. With the CST, everything in the front is dropped 6"-the diff, upper and lower control arms, ect. That way, you get a true 6" lift without cranking up the torsion bars and sacrificing the ride quality.
    With the spindle lifts, they drop the front diff 4.5", cut off the upper mounting ear from the case, and rotate it slightly to get proper pinion angle. Then you have to crank the torsion bars to get to 6" of lift.
    Just curious i have the 6" RCD with a 2wd and the spindles up front and they dont stick out hardly at all, but maybe its because of the 9" rim
    Wich do you think is a better way? or just more of a preference. Taking it as a 2wd

Up 4 River
    Who have some of you guys used to do the install on the 6" CST lift?

SoCalHD
    Up 4 River- I had all my work done at SoCal Supertrucks. Their website is www.socalsupertrucks.com
    Blown Howard- You are right, not having a 10" + wide wheel really helps. So does getting the proper backspacing on the rims. As to your question, I honestly don't think the spindle method is bad. Especially on a 2wd-you don't have those pesky CV's to worry about! That is one of the reasons I went with CST-they are a full drop kit, and I wanted to be able to run my tires without having to worry about rubbing or a rougher ride due to the torsions being cranked too high.
    On the 2wd, you can replace the steering tie rods with larger diameter pieces with heim ends.
    With my 4wd, I had to take into account the CV's as well.
    It was all in the pursuit of a lifted truck that rides nicer than stock, and is still reasonable for what I need it to do. At least that is how I presented it to the wife, and I'm still breathing at the moment!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12