Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks Roostwear!!!

Brooski
    This was my first one, and Kim and I met alot of great people and had a great time. I do know of a couple of incidents that were uncalled for, so I am assuming that is the dynamic that has changed. Its too bad a couple of people can put a black cloud over a good thing. I do hope it continues in some sort of fashion. I would definitely attend again. ( I like donating my shore stake to someone whenever I go somewhere)
    I forgot to say thank you to Mike and Shelley for the boat storage and parking in their campspot. That was really cool to do for me, and I appreciate it.

cole13
    This was my first one, and Kim and I met alot of great people and had a great time. I do know of a couple of incidents that were uncalled for, so I am assuming that is the dynamic that has changed. Its too bad a couple of people can put a black cloud over a good thing. I do hope it continues in some sort of fashion. I would definitely attend again. ( I like donating my shore stake to someone whenever I go somewhere)
    I forgot to say thank you to Mike and Shelley for the boat storage and parking in their campspot. That was really cool to do for me, and I appreciate it.
    Noone got hurt did they? We left around 4pm, do not like being on the river at night without lights.

Brooski
    Noone got hurt did they? We left around 4pm, do not like being on the river at night without lights.
    No, not physically.

4pm? You missed out on 3 hours of the best conditions. That last run at dusk is priceless......

cole13
    4pm? You missed out on 3 hours of the best conditions. That last run at dusk is priceless......
    Yes we were a little sad to leave knowing that Nelson 109 was going to make a hard pass when it glassed off. But we had to get back down river before dusk. Hopefully next time we can get a trailer or something so we can hang out in BR RV Park. Glad to hear that no one got hurt. A safe trip is a good trip!

Nucking futs
    Nelson never waited till the water glassed over, The only thing glassed over were his eyes.......But that thing does haul the mail.

n8dawg
    just curious. Who had the fastest ride out there? A jet or V-drive?

waterwitch
    Jet

HBjet
    WOW…
    What a great river trip to kick off the season… Thanks Roostwear for putting this together.
    Friday:
    Like all of my first river trips for the year, this one started about 3 hours late. I want to thank FuelInMyVeins82 for helping me clean the boat and finish up all of the loose ends before leaving. I want to thank Hustler for the late night tunes Friday night (actually early Saturday Morning) and I want to thank BigProppa for the 99 Banana’s even though he wasn’t there.
    Saturday
    I want to thank Hustler again for the tow into the cove when my boat wouldn’t start after I got off plane right in front of it. I want to thank Cyclone, CS19, and who ever else helped fix the stuck needles on my carbs while MudPumper took me back to camp for a spark plug since one broke when taking them out with the wrong socket. Thanks MudPumper! I also want to thank Lance (Wing-N-It) for all of the right tools to put everything back together! I want to thank Wrightnow for taking me back to camp to actually get the right spark plugs since the spares Cyclone had were not going to work. I want to thank those who offered me some of there beer when I ran out of Coors Lights (even the Bud Lights, thanks MudPumper & Sofa King) I want to thank MudPumpers better half Gina for the great sandwich, oh wait, that’s right, she never made me one :frown: haha! I want to thank LGCdevil for pairing up with me for some good ole river racing… even though I lost; it was a lot of fun! I want to also thank CS19 for a few runs too. Surprised you a little on the first run huh? Haha! I want to thank Jessa for making Cyclone and I a nice dinner! (Wait a minute, I did the BBQing)
    Sunday:
    What a great day Sunday turned out to be… Started off though with Cyclone leaving at 7am to get home for Mothers Day and around 7:30am I decide to move my truck and boat so I can clean the boat. Look around the trailer… Damn it, Cyclone took my keys! Luckily I wasn’t born yesterday and I had a spare for the truck and boat trailer. So I unhooked the truck and headed into town hoping I could get some sort of cell signal and call him. Got through once but the signal died and that was it. Thanks Cyclone for seeing the missed call and knowing to turn back even though you didn’t know what I was calling for. On the water was perfect. I was told that Sundays are the best boating days and this last Sunday sure was for me. Spent a lot of time in the cove, had some nice speed runs, nice float as the sun started to set. Heck, even when we ran out of beers, CS19 drove over to Wheel-Erin(sp?) just south of the bridge and was able to score us some more beers from some campers… since none of us had any money to go buy some. Thanks CS19! Well, we got off the water at 7pm and didn’t get on the road until 10:15pm to head home. Thanks FuelInMyVeins again for helping put the boat away in storage, thanks Wrightnow for the space until I figure something out! Got home way late, was completely worthless at work yesterday, but I would do it all again next weekend if I could… Thanks again Roostwear!
    HBjet

LGCDEVIL
    HB,
    Had a great time. The lie detector ran hard. You forgot to tell em the first two runs you took me to racing school. Nice hangin out with you.
    Greg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123