Thread: How long is the boating season

chee-chee
    Thanks to all in the response on my first boat selection. My next question now is how long is the boat season. I currently like going to blythe and lake Mojave, but how will a 21 footer handle Mojave and blythe further into the fall.

Clutch
    When your teeth chatter at 60 the season is over. lol

I boat all year. Just too cold to ski without a wetsuit. That's why they make Snowmoboat suits. Seriously, even in February it's usually nice enough to just wear jeans, sweatshirt and tennis shoes. Just have to learn to trailer you boat without gettin in the water.
    Boat on my brother.

The season starts January 1st and ends December 31st. Here in N. Cal weather permitting [and even when its not] we boat year round. Usually do a lake run for New Years at Putah Creek, Berryessa. Been doing that for the last 10 years.

jaqquuuz
    Boating season starts when you get your boat. It ends when you sale your boat. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

kingb36
    Don't know about anyone else, but here in NW Indiana, the season begins when the lake thaws and ends when it freezes. Another tip off that the season is over is when the rooster freezes in mid air!
    bill

burbanite
    kingb36, as the proud new owner of a used Sanger that was dragged 2600 miles to Indy I am looking for places that welcome the likes of me and my boat. I had heard that maybe Lake James was a good hangout spot? Any suggestions for me? I like to cruise around (sometimes), go fast (sometimes), and have the odd beer now and then (responsibly).
    Can't say that Indy is a hot boat mecca but I am coming across the odd one or two, local venues have limited places to park up and "rest".