Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water psi ??

BA Kurtis
    I have a blown 502 with chiller and dry exhaust, 2 #8 lines from pump to block and 2 #8 lines dumping out from intake manifold no t stat, chiller has separate water source. Temp never gets over 100 and Im Getting a little water in oil, Im thinking to much psi, any ideas on how to regulate

ColeTR1
    12 to 15 psi in the block and cooler no more

BA Kurtis
    I know I have to much psi, so how do I regulate it down to 12 to 15 lbs. any ideas? Thanks Cole.

ColeTR1
    I know I have to much psi, so how do I regulate it down to 12 to 15 lbs. any ideas? Thanks Cole.
    I have two #8 from the intake and they go into a T #12 and out the back of the boat #12. What type of pump do you have? I have also heard of people cutting every other fin off the impeller.

BA Kurtis
    I have a magnaflo pump and it seems to be moving a lot of water, 1 #12 on pump inlet 2 #8 from intake manifold to 2 dumps out the back, at idle its shooting water out dumps about 2 feet, Do you think cutting fins off impeller will work? Has any one else ever heard of doing that?

Fiat48
    Cutting every other fin works for the drag boat stuff but not sure about lake stuff. Probably fine unless you idle around a lot.

Kindsvater Flat
    Mine was like this.
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/plumbing.JPG
    Now I have removed the fixed orfice. I still have a problem pushing water from the head gasket. I'm just used to it now and change head gaskets twice a year.

BA Kurtis
    Thanks guys for the help, I think I will try cutting the impeller

Prime 8780
    You might try increasing the water outlet size. When an engine builds too much water pressure it is sometimes necessary to bleed off water or increase outlet sizes.
    As for as cutting off the blades on your impeller, it is not the best thing to do especially if you use the boat on a regular basis.
    Hope this helps
    Good Luck!
    Mike @ Prime Marine
    www.primemarineusa.com

LVjetboy
    BA Kurtis, have you considered downsizing to #6's pump to block...keeping the dual #8 dumps and not cutting the impeller? Cutting the impeller seems a hack way to control water pressure...
    jer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast