Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Courtesy Docks At Windsor North

Not So Fast
    Since I'm bashing Windsor on another thread I thought this deserved it's own. How many people here think that the layout or positioning of the courtesy docks at Windsor north are just plain STUPID? I can't tell you how many times I have started my approach to be picked up and had to abort at the last second because some jerkwad starts backing out of a slip with out looking Of course now you are all out of shape because of having to hit reverse and the whole process snowballs. I know this happens all the time because I go down and watch it, so if you are willing to bitch here are the numbers to contact. Of course as with any Government run facility I believe they now have to bring in a lot of other agencies to dredge out the little back bay to turn the docks but in the issue of safety it NEEDS to be done! Give it a shot. NSF
    rknotts@pr.state.az.us Rick Knotts
    bpendley@pr.state.az.us Brian Pendley

Krumbsnatcher
    Since I'm bashing Windsor on another thread I thought this deserved it's own. How many people here think that the layout or positioning of the courtesy docks at Windsor north are just plain STUPID? I can't tell you how many times I have started my approach to be picked up and had to abort at the last second because some jerkwad starts backing out of a slip with out looking Of course now you are all out of shape because of having to hit reverse and the whole process snowballs. I know this happens all the time because I go down and watch it, so if you are willing to bitch here are the numbers to contact. Of course as with any Government run facility I believe they now have to bring in a lot of other agencies to dredge out the little back bay to turn the docks but in the issue of safety it NEEDS to be done! Give it a shot. NSF
    Those docks were originally designed for small boats to launch, you know the fishing boats. Now since we all boycott the marina we have no where to laungh but there, so I guess we have to either launch really late at night or really early in the morning.
    The sad reality is that this problem is here to stay, I know some day in the future say 15 years from now, the old Havasu will be a thing of the past and some real money will run the town and there will be 5 star hotels and good launch facilities.

cc322
    Happened to me three times in a row last year, the dumbass kept backing up without looking as I was getting ready to pull on the trailer, I had to stop and throw it in reverse three different times On the third time I stood up and YELLED dont move your boat and he didnt, the stress factor at the ramps are getting bad. And what about the 10 min time limit at the docks? alot pf peeps abuse this one, how about this drop off the person getting the trailer and go float out of the way untill your trailer arrives, then you will free up the docks to let others drop off there drivers. :argue:

Essex502
    Those docks were originally designed for small boats to launch, you know the fishing boats. Now since we all boycott the marina we have no where to laungh but there, so I guess we have to either launch really late at night or really early in the morning.
    The sad reality is that this problem is here to stay, I know some day in the future say 15 years from now, the old Havasu will be a thing of the past and some real money will run the town and there will be 5 star hotels and good launch facilities.
    There's a great launch facility in Havasu RIGHT NOW - the LH Marina. Unfortunately, it is run by an a$$hole and he has established a policy more strict than state law on noise and most folks rather than fight this violation of the concessionaire contract will just say: "Boycott the Marina and go to Windsor." Now that Windsor's flaws are more exposed with the increased load, people are bitching about that ramp. Write a letter to the Arizona State Department of Land and DEMAND that they do something about the Lake Havasu Marina's contractual violations.

CrazyHippy
    Happened to me three times in a row last year, the dumbass kept backing up without looking as I was getting ready to pull on the trailer, I had to stop and throw it in reverse three different times On the third time I stood up and YELLED dont move your boat and he didnt, the stress factor at the ramps are getting bad. And what about the 10 min time limit at the docks? alot pf peeps abuse this one, how about this drop off the person getting the trailer and go float out of the way untill your trailer arrives, then you will free up the docks to let others drop off there drivers. :argue:
    Unless i have to wait in line to get the trailer in the water, i am under 10 minutes on the docks solo. I do however take up a dock space and dont let the boat float free
    BJH

Huckleberry
    I've had the same problem nearly every time I use that ramp. Unfortunately, I believe the shoreline in that area is part of a wildlife refuge and they cannot dredge or alter the shoreline because of it. Boatcop may be able to confirm or deny this. Alan???
    Huck out!

Not So Fast
    I fully understand KC, but in the inrerest of safety it is time for a change. I dont care about the size of a boat, it is JUST STUPID to have the docks pointed directly at the path of incoming boats, ya gotta admit that right ?? Again as with emailing the City about thier proposed changes to the channel, I think Emailing the state about this as a safety issue may bring some results, or not, I just see a bad situation. lets try making some noise and see what happens. NSF

OGShocker
    I can't tell you how many times I've been backing out of those POS slips only to have some fukwad abort his approach then start yelling at me. I swear, some people. :crossx: :rollside:
    BOYCOTT WINSOR!!!!
    NSF,
    Other than that how was your weekend?

Beer-30
    Much easier just to float / warm up the drive. Then just nose up to the end of one and pick up the designated "parker".

dicudmore
    Much easier just to float / warm up the drive. Then just nose up to the end of one and pick up the designated "parker".
    yup, just watch out for the fukwad backing out of those little slips as you approach your trailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast