Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridiculous Courtesy Docks At Windsor North

Havasteve
    I only launch at the South end, seems like more room there. Also I installed a set of air horns and have a regulated 2000 lb nitrogen bottle, it's so loud it stuns them.

Not So Fast
    I can't tell you how many times I've been backing out of those POS slips only to have some fukwad abort his approach then start yelling at me. I swear, some people. :crossx: :rollside:
    BOYCOTT WINSOR!!!!
    NSF,
    Other than that how was your weekend?
    Yeah them arrogant bastards wanting a clear shot at thier trailer :mix: WTF other than that it was just great Sunday and the wifey enjoyed her day. Thanks for asking OGS and how was yours??

Ziggy
    They should have not put in the slips at all and just had one or two long docks to pickup/retrieve the truck driver.

my21advantage
    Instead of trying to pick someone up at the the docks try this....
    What I do is launch the boat and drive the car and trailer to the south parking lot of Windor Beach, near the Channel (about a mile down). Then walk to the channel, less than 1/8 mile and get picked up in the channel. It works alot better and reduces the risk of some Adam-Henry hitting my boat. I do the same thing at night and it works great...just make sure you have a cell phone to stay in contact.

cc322
    What I do is launch the boat and drive the car and trailer to the south parking lot of Windor Beach, near the Channel (about a mile down). Then walk to the channel, less than 1/8 mile and get picked up in the channel. It works alot better and reduces the risk of some Adam-Henry hitting my boat. I do the same thing at night and it works great...just make sure you have a cell phone to stay in contact.
    We do the same thing when we have to park in overflow only

Ziggy
    SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :burningm:
    That idea sucks

Racer277
    A local showed me that trick recently, you may be letting out some secrets here..... :idea:

my21advantage
    A local showed me that trick recently, you may be letting out some secrets here..... :idea:
    My Dad (aka Silverback) is a loco, I mean a local guy so I think I'm OK...

OGShocker
    Yeah them arrogant bastards wanting a clear shot at thier trailer :mix: WTF other than that it was just great Sunday and the wifey enjoyed her day. Thanks for asking OGS and how was yours??
    Good, thanks. I drove down for Saturday with my 16yo nephew. Met up and had a few frosties with friends in the channel and all of that without the boat. Goodtimes!

STV_Keith
    A lot of these suggestions only apply if you have help. Some of us do it by ourselves and need the dock. It would be a long swim out to the boat otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12