Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My Experience with Shockwave

hurleyr
    FYI Lavey is in corona as well as some others, If your gonna make the drive why not look at them all. good luck.
    Yep, I'm planning to take a "new" look at all of them, which will certainly include a drive to San Diego this time around.

Havasu Luvr
    All right seeing how no one else on this board likes to bash Shockwave I'll tell you about my first experience.
    I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm wanting to get at least a 28' this time around. So, after hearing all the good things about this company on the boards I'm getting really serious about their 29' Magnitude.
    I've been busy as Sh$& with work lately so have not had a chance to get down to talk to them in person until yesterday (Mother's Day). Now I know most shops are closed on Sunday however I had the day free and really wanted to move ahead on getting our new boat so I called Shockwave on Friday to see if they were open on SUNDAY. The gal that answered the phone said yes they are open from 9-3. I said "really" she said yes 9-3 so I told her I would plan to come down and see what they had on the floor.
    Mind you this is Mother's day so I'm already feeling pretty guilty about dragging my wife to look at a new boat but she was cool about it because she knew how busy my business had been lately. She even gave me the go ahead to purchase the new ride.
    So I pack the wife and kids in the car (did I mention it was Mother's day) and we drive nearly three hours (one way) to Corona (with checkbook in hand) only to find the doors locked. I now realize the gal that answered the phone on Friday most likely gave me their Saturday (NOT SUNDAY) business hours.
    I'm pissed! Not only am I not going to purchase a new boat, but it just became clear to me that we had wasted six hours of Mother's Day driving LA freeways.
    If your reading this thread this may seem like a minor issue, but for me and my family, we are seriously disappointed. And this is a direct reflection of Shockwave's custom service. Shockwave may make a decent boat but I'm not so sure the customer service is as good as it's advertised.
    Hey Rob,
    Sorry for your dis-appointment. Please do not let this discourage you for keeping Shockwave on the top of your list. Everything we have PM'd back and forth to gether has been truthful and reliable. Let the Shockwave crew make things right for ya. My offer still stands on that demo when ever you would like, the dates I already gave you are written in stone Please keep me informed of your relationship with Barry (Shockwave Sales) and crew. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.....
    Barry, dont loose this one....if you can do it for Leon then do it for Rob.

lucky
    howards up in your neck of the woods - their 028s' hot

Chico&Zeus
    I'm sorry to hear that, but for those of you that say he should have called that day to confirm....it's a 3 hour drive, maybe he wanted to be there at 9:00 when they open, it's hard to call ahead when you are road tripping it half way across the state. I just know that I would want to be there early, and not blow my whole day!

RiverToysJas
    I did confirm hours (the previous Friday). Are you guys suggesting I should have called twice?
    I think so, it's possible that poor lady got off the phone with you and THEN noticed Sunday was Mother's Day, but had no way of contacting you back. IF you were so shocked they would be there Mother's Day, you should have reminded the lady on the photo of that.
    If you're not spending over 100K with them and are so upset because of this ladies mistake on a 20 second phone call, I don't think they don't need you as a customer anyway. Please avoid Lavey Craft also.
    RTJas

RiverToysJas
    Being just a bit tough on him aren't you Jason?
    Well I am, because he puts FULL blame on Shockwave and condems the whole company for what sounds like an innocent mistake. I know Shockwave will bend over backwards to make things right because that's what they do. I don't think he had to take it to this level on the boards to get a reaction though. BUT he wanted a reaction, he got one.
    RTJas

INSman
    I think this is a simple miscommunication !!
    Shockwave is usually closed on Sundays, but have been open a few if not most Sundays after the boat show because of how busy they have been. Jennifer up front probably forgot it was Mothers Day and/or whomever was supposed to be there (maybe Dave) never planned on being there that particular Sunday to begin with.
    This is ceratinly not a reflection of their Customer Servive, as you are not a customer just quite yet, but I assume all will get resolved and you will join the loving family soon enough

Havasu Luvr
    I'm sorry to hear that, but for those of you that say he should have called that day to confirm....it's a 3 hour drive, maybe he wanted to be there at 9:00 when they open, it's hard to call ahead when you are road tripping it half way across the state. I just know that I would want to be there early, and not blow my whole day!
    At 9am? sorry, I know Shockwave opens their doors at 11am - 3pm on sundays for the past few months.....
    Sorry INSman, your mis-informed called the lady (Ms. Jennifer) @ Shockwave...she'll inform you

jbone
    Sorry to hear about your unecessary road trip.
    I did buy a Shockwave and WAS completely satisfied with every aspect. It seems to me they are not open on Sundays. The schedule you got 9-3 sounds like their Saturday schedule.
    You are right to take customer service into consideration. However, this may have been a simple mistake by a receptionist/secretary (No offense Jennifer). Now is when the customer service will come in and help make this situation right.
    Good luck on your new purchase.
    J

dicudmore
    Shockwave is usually closed on Sundays
    At 9am? sorry, I know Shockwave opens their doors at 11am - 3pm on sundays.....
    Can you guys please get your stories straight :wink: :wink:

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast