Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey trubo guys...........????

superdave013
    I wasn't aware that you needed gaskets with a "TRUBO" set up! Better get that pig done there amigo! My coffee table is almost ready to gobble up some sissy ski boats.... :boxingguy
    thanks for pointing out the typo. :yuk:
    Still trying to pick on the ski boat guys I see. Just ban tURbos from GN seems to be the best way for you to finish ahead of the ski guys! lol

Mrs CP 19
    Felpro for a turbo'd motor? Composite gaskets and turbo chargers = a BIG no no. You're going to be seeing EGT's in the 1450 degree farenheit range and that is WAY to hot for composite. I
    I thought this was a question about exhaust manifold gaskets. What does that have to do with temp? Head gaskets are special 3 ply that will handle up to 30 lbs of boost. What gasket are you referring to?

WILDERTHANU
    Dave, on the race boat turbo motors @ Prime we used graphite coated copper or s/s gaskets. Ask Mikey which ones. You're not running headers??

Freak
    I've run copper with no probs. Put on - run motor - retorque - after that good to go.

Sangster
    DAH, eerr Mrs.Cp, are you blonde by any chance?
    Rio
    That don't matter.... :idea: .... She's from NORCO...... But She's trying..

Mrs CP 19
    DAH, eerr Mrs.Cp, are you blonde by any chance?
    Rio
    Actually no, since I just got done with brain radiation, I am bald. I just asked for some questions answered...We have been running our turbo with the gaskets mentioned and never had a problem. The engine was just gone thru by Liberty Marine, who has been building ski race turbos for years. I think he knows application is best. So, Just asked a question...sorry if it was too blond for you. Jill

Jrocket
    Actually no, since I just got done with brain radiation, I am bald. I just asked for some questions answered...We have been running our turbo with the gaskets mentioned and never had a problem. The engine was just gone thru by Liberty Marine, who has been building ski race turbos for years. I think he knows application is best. So, Just asked a question...sorry if it was too blond for you. Jill
    You have a turbo'ed ski boat?

Mrs CP 19
    Don't remember saying that. Just said what our builders expertise is regarding twin turbo motors. The short block was done by Paul Pfaff, the top end By Andy holeman in a 19" California Performance.

Jrocket
    Don't remember saying that. Just said what our builders expertise is regarding twin turbo motors. The short block was done by Paul Pfaff, the top end By Andy holeman in a 19" California Performance.
    But it is a turbo motor?

flat broke
    Yup it's a turbo motor, I'll see if I can find some pics to post on this real quick.
    http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/...cbbb040056.JPG Im sure the owner has more, but thats what I got. Looks like some Hardin P1000 exhaust manifolds with a Banks intercooler, but kinda hard to tell in that pic.
    Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast