Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: top speed

dexman38
    Took the boat out this weekend and hit 61 on the gps. I had a full tank and 2 on board , running a 24 pitch prop. We ran from long beach to newport. little choppy but fun.is this speed right for a 29 shockwave with a 496ho. i did not hit the rev limiter once. boat does 60 all day no matter what condition are the load.

Kilrtoy
    Took the boat out this weekend and hit 61 on the gps. I had a full tank and 2 on board , running a 24 pitch prop. We ran from long beach to newport. little choppy but fun.is this speed right for a 29 shockwave with a 496ho. i did not hit the rev limiter once. boat does 60 all day no matter what condition are the load.
    Thats damn good.. I saw you cleaning it earlier tonight....
    Once you get that raylar should see 70MPH....
    If you try a 26 prop you will see more top end , but lose it on the bottom end

cola
    Thats damn good.. I saw you cleaning it earlier tonight....
    Once you get that raylar should see 70MPH....
    If you try a 26 prop you will see more top end , but lose it on the bottom end
    Better stay with the 24 if your not bumping the rev limiter.

Garrddogg
    What a great day out on the water,and a little Tacoma pulled the 30' out of Davies too..I did get beat up a little though

Steamin' Rice
    Dexman your speed sounds about right... I had the 500EFI in my 29 and would see around 65 MPH typically, with an occasional 67-68 MPH top end on GPS.
    We saw you guys heading out from Newport just as were returning.. We made a run up to Los Alamitos from Newport for lunch.. You guys should join us next time..

TheLurker
    What a great day out on the water,and a little Tacoma pulled the 30' out of Davies too..I did get beat up a little though
    Was it a White Tacoma ? :idea:

dicudmore
    that sounds right Dex...
    I'm running a 23-pitch and run low 60's at Havasu... mid-upper 60's in the salt
    have never hit the rev-limiter in either condition, thinking I may be just a touch over-propped as is...

Garrddogg
    Was it a White Tacoma ? :idea:
    Blue one,were you there?

dexman38
    that is good news. i will post pictuers soon

mike37
    call valley propeller in Ventura 805-644-5055
    have Brian tune your prop to your boat I think its 100bucks it worth it
    I had my 26p repaired and tuned for $150 and it runs great
    had him lab my 28p haven't had time to run that one yet but if it work like he said I will be very happy the 26p work exactly like he told me it would

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast