Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lift kits

Magic34
    Question regarding CHEVROLET lifted truck options.
    I have had my share of lifted trucks/Tahoes, and swore to myself that I would never do it again. Well, I have heard that the new lifts of today were much better than they were 6-8 years ago by numerous people. I want a smooth ride, and I also don't want it to be huge, just clean.
    I like the look of this one.
    http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/trucks/173_1.jpg
    I'd like to be able to drive my truck at 95 MPH with no issues and it to be smooth. I am going to the dunes a lot more and would like to change the look of my truck a little (getting bored with it ).
    What lifts are the one's to look at that ride the best? This truck only leaves the pavement at the dunes.
    Thanks guys.

RidinRed
    You didn't say what model but, i'll go out on a limb since the pic is a "HD/Duramax" and by the screen name 34 yours is too. 6" w/ 35's is the most common and imo the safest as dailey driver for the >3/4 tons. but in the 6-8" lifts the chebbies are running CST & RCD. I am looking for a smaller lift for the 1/2er, and both of those look good to me. Naturally they both have their own sales gimmicks and it boils down to what you like or how much you could save on it. both should clear 35's to 38" tires. Best thing is start looking around & going to the shops every once in while and see what others are running. I stop every time I see One and make note of likes and dislikes.
    Sorry it's so long, good luck

Magic34
    Here is what I have: 2004 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
    I would like to run 35" tires and go with the smallest lift possible (4"-6").
    The Nitto Terra Grappler 355/60R20 measures just over 36". This is the tire I want to use. Funny thing is that I am running NT404 Nitto tires right now that are 325/50R20 on stock. I did have to trim the hell out of the wheel well. They measure about 1.5" less than the ones I want to switch to with the lift.

SoCalHD
    Here is what I have: 2004 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
    I would like to run 35" tires and go with the smallest lift possible (4"-6")
    I would say CST without hesitation. I have their 6-8" lift on my 2002 2500HD 4x4. I am running it at 8" with 37" tires. The reason I say CST is that it is NOT a spindle lift, (like Rancho, Fabtech, RCD, Pro-Comp). The spindle lifts are the trucks you see around that have the front tires sticking out so far from the wheel well. The CST is a full 6" drop, 1 peice sub-frame kit. This allows you to have a 6" lift, without cranking up your torsion bars. On most of the spindle lift kits, they drop your front end components 4.5", and then you adjust the torsion bars up to get 6". Adjusting the torsion bars up to get the clearance is when your ride goes to crap!

riverroyal
    he has had 2 trucks like that one,that may be the one he owns now,looks the same

SoCalHD
    Question regarding CHEVROLET lifted truck options.
    I have had my share of lifted trucks/Tahoes, and swore to myself that I would never do it again. Well, I have heard that the new lifts of today were much better than they were 6-8 years ago by numerous people. I want a smooth ride, and I also don't want it to be huge, just clean.
    I like the look of this one.
    http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/trucks/173_1.jpg
    I'd like to be able to drive my truck at 95 MPH with no issues and it to be smooth. I am going to the dunes a lot more and would like to change the look of my truck a little (getting bored with it ).
    What lifts are the one's to look at that ride the best? This truck only leaves the pavement at the dunes.
    Thanks guys.
    BTW, that truck is at SoCal Supertrucks-they did all the lift install and fab work on my HD.
    Would reccomend them to anyone!!!!!!!!!!

Magic34
    I would say CST without hesitation. I have their 6-8" lift on my 2002 2500HD 4x4. I am running it at 8" with 37" tires. The reason I say CST is that it is NOT a spindle lift, (like Rancho, Fabtech, RCD, Pro-Comp). The spindle lifts are the trucks you see around that have the front tires sticking out so far from the wheel well. The CST is a full 6" drop, 1 peice sub-frame kit. This allows you to have a 6" lift, without cranking up your torsion bars. On most of the spindle lift kits, they drop your front end components 4.5", and then you adjust the torsion bars up to get 6". Adjusting the torsion bars up to get the clearance is when your ride goes to crap!
    Will going a full 6" looks like sh*t with the tires I want to use? Nitto Terra Grappler 355/60R20

SoCalHD
    I don't think so-I am running the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires in 37x12.50 with my CST adjusted up to the 8" range. Running those Nitto's with the lift set at 6" will look fine-plus the ride will be awesome!!!!
    I also did the Deaver spring pack, as well as air bags and on-board compressor and tank(thanks to Sigepmock!). The truck tows great, just needs more power!!!!LOL

Magic34
    What size lift is this??? When I am done, my truck will look almost exactly like this one.
    http://www.californiasupertrucks.com...evy2500hd1.jpg
    It is a CST lift.

SoCalHD
    That is the CST 6" lift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast