Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havasu, 05/11-14...

slingingsmoke
    so can anyone recommend a good wax for my boat. I also need to polish all of the anodized aluminum and polish the chrome 4" exh. tips....
    Can you guys/gals gimme some brands to choose from?
    PS:Hope to see some of you all there! We'll be @ Crazyhorse I'll post further info as we get closer.
    JON

Kilrtoy
    Cant help with your request , but we will be out there..
    FRIENDS AND FAMILY party that weekend.....

slingingsmoke
    It'd be good to put a face with a name.....
    BTW: hows the vette doing? I've seen a bunch come into Rydell Chev. in Northridge. Some make a funny noise w/ the serpentine belt?? Hope everythings going well.

Kilrtoy
    It'd be good to put a face with a name.....
    BTW: hows the vette doing? I've seen a bunch come into Rydell Chev. in Northridge. Some make a funny noise w/ the serpentine belt?? Hope everythings going well.
    You work there I see...
    They checked it two weeks ago and it is all good, Im lucky.. But I know what you are talking about , with the harmonic balancer ....
    now my truck is another story............

slingingsmoke
    no, I dont work there but I had to take the 2004 D-Max in for a hydroboost brake fitting that was leaking and my 2005 Colorado for some popping noise in the LF torsion bar..

slingingsmoke
    so can anyone recommend a good wax for my boat. I also need to polish all of the anodized aluminum and polish the chrome 4" exh. tips....
    Can you guys/gals gimme some brands to choose from?
    Bump...

LAVEYSABRE575
    SLING , I use CLR on the exhaust tips takes off all the calcium in seconds rinse immediately do not get the stuff on any anodized pieces it will fade them , for wax the best stuff ive found is DRIVEN marine wax then to keep the shine and remove water spots when im parked i use driven spray and shine the driven spray and shine works great on all your bezels etc. with no wax build up .,,enjoy..derek

slingingsmoke
    sweet. I'll try the CLR on the crome exh.
    Do you think Mothers Mag/aluminum polish will work fine, How about regular carnuba wax for the gelcoat? Just wondering because I have an ass load of it in my garage and if I can use it insead of buying new "boat" wax!
    JON

LAVEYSABRE575
    mag/alum polish takes hours, clr 10 seconds then rinse, carnuba for gel works ok i like the driven its easy to work with (wax on wax off) ...enjoy

hotlavey
    SLING , I use CLR on the exhaust tips takes off all the calcium in seconds rinse immediately do not get the stuff on any anodized pieces it will fade them , for wax the best stuff ive found is DRIVEN marine wax then to keep the shine and remove water spots when im parked i use driven spray and shine the driven spray and shine works great on all your bezels etc. with no wax build up .,,enjoy..derek
    Driven is the right stuff. I've been using it for a number of years now on both the boat and the cars.Wax on, Wax off. Great stuff. I use straight white vinegar or "Ducky" on the chrome tips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast