Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJBA June Race Date Change

steelcomp
    "Just want inform you of the date change from June 18-19 to June 25-26, 2005."
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ........................
    C'mon Bear...Ms. Moneypenny needs a good stretch!! :coffeycup

Wow, that got everybody stirred up. It really was in fun. Both organizations are flailing right now with low boat counts so this will definitely help. If any of you people think I am pro IHBA, come look at my right hand. :squiggle:

After re-reading my post ... it does sound like I was stirred up ... but I wasn't really ... nor was I coming after you Tony. I know you aren't anti-NJBA ...
    I was just trying to clear the air of why we had changed the dates. IHBA was a factor but not the only one.
    Again, I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the races!
    P.S. (as Tony said ... the boat counts are low, everyone knows other boaters ... try to bring them, the last thing we need is to have our sport disappear )
    Brian Busby

UBFJ #454
    "Ms. Moneypenny needs a good stretch!!"
    ??????? ....... +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/- ....... Hmmmmmm ....... ??????? ....... Maybe, But Do We @ That Race, or, Do We Continue Doing What We're 'Up to' Here ........ +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/- ......... ????????? ........ Hmmmmmm ........

jweeks123
    ??????? ....... +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/- ....... ??????? .......+/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/-, +/- ......... ????????? ........
    dude, yur firing order looks to bet a bit off
    jw

mj680
    WILLIS/BUSBY
    What about the NJBA NATIONALS ? IT is stacked on the same date as the WORLD FINALS.I like to run both races.Hope something gets resolved before I am forced to make a choice.I love racing with both associations.

UBFJ #454
    "dude, yur firing order looks to bet a bit off "
    Yep ....... That's what I'm concerned about. Plus, if you'll look carefully you'll see we're only 'hittin' on seven cylinders.

Well ... that was brought up at the board meeting also. I too would like to be in Arizona ... but with my new role as the Race Director for NJBA, this will not be a possibility.
    There was talk about moving it ... but again, we cannot base our races on IHBA. If we have it one week sooner, it will only we 3 weeks between our races ... one week later it's too late in the season ... getting into Thanksgiving, bad weather, etc.
    We have, for the most part, ran the third weekend of the month during race season (for years). It seems kind of funny as boat counts started to go down in both organizations (NJBA & IHBA) that IHBA decided to switch their dates to the third weekend for 2 of their races??? :idea:
    The promoter for the Red Bluff race had contacted us (NJBA) about hosting another race in Chowchilla this year, but it didn't work out. I'm not sure how IHBA made it work out, but good for them for keeping the lake open for racing (there was talk that the town wanted to outlaw drag boat racing there).
    Back to the subject though, Novemeber ... Right now it stands where it is. Maybe IHBA will move their race date??? Wishful thinking, huh?
    Brian

mj680
    Well ... that was brought up at the board meeting also. I too would like to be in Arizona ... but with my new role as the Race Director for NJBA, this will not be a possibility.
    There was talk about moving it ... but again, we cannot base our races on IHBA. If we have it one week sooner, it will only we 3 weeks between our races ... one week later it's too late in the season ... getting into Thanksgiving, bad weather, etc.
    We have, for the most part, ran the third weekend of the month during race season (for years). It seems kind of funny as boat counts started to go down in both organizations (NJBA & IHBA) that IHBA decided to switch their dates to the third weekend for 2 of their races??? :idea:
    The promoter for the Red Bluff race had contacted us (NJBA) about hosting another race in Chowchilla this year, but it didn't work out. I'm not sure how IHBA made it work out, but good for them for keeping the lake open for racing (there was talk that the town wanted to outlaw drag boat racing there).
    Back to the subject though, Novemeber ... Right now it stands where it is. Maybe IHBA will move their race date??? Wishful thinking, huh?
    Brian
    BRIAN/WILLIS...THE NJBA NATIONALS,last year ,2004,was Nov 6-7, 2004,
    the first weekend in Nov. IT was moved to the third weekend in Nov this year. WHY ???. The IHBA World Finals was also moved from the second weekend to the third weekend by the Firebird promoter ,not IHBA.The NHRA
    schedule had alot to do with it.The IHBA schedule was announced early this year ,well before the NJBA announced thiers.I am just saying that two races this important should not be on the same weekend.Tell that to the board.
    :argue:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast