Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NJBA June Race Date Change

bp
    ron, i'd agree with some of that, except for the chowchilla race which wasn't announced until the banquet which was in february, well after the njba schedule was announced. as far as who announced november first, who knows. as far as weather, who's kidding who? who believes weather is going to be good the week before thanksgiving? either in phoenix, or in bakersfield?????
    bryan/willis, whatever the reasoning, i applaud the decision to move the race. i just wish you would have moved it to some nice hot weather . i get tired of racin' in the freezin' cold out there, and would really appreciate 2 or three races in the hot months (see if numbers in march can be repeated in july/august ). trying to run two dragboat events within 150 miles of each other on the same weekend is just plain bad for dragboat racing.

Well we can't make everyone happy ...
    Bob, as anyone who knows me knows ... I love my flip flops and shorts! So, warmer weather is better for me also!
    Ron, FYI ... the race dates were planned for this year during the first week of December at the same time we were discussing the awards banquet. IHBA's typical schedule was discussed and we planned accordingly. What we didn't know was that IHBA was going to change two of their dates (June & November). Every years calendar is different, some years month's have more weekends than others ... so we did the best we could. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.
    You are more than welcome to come to our monthly meeting and voice your opinion ... we are always looking for more individuals to assist by volunteering their time, I know I put in many hours a week into this club as do the other board members with little or no recognition (other than complaints), so if you think you can assist to plan it all a little better, come on down. I will take your concern to the other board members though and let them know of your thoughts.
    To both of you and everyone else ... lets have some fun this weekend!
    Brian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123