Thread: 19 Foot SCARAB JET or SCARAB I/O

mcshriver
    does any one else have one of these? do they like it? I hear that the boat/pump were designed for each other, has any one tried to repower one like I have?? See the topic Will it ever go 70 MPH.

mcshriver
    I already found that thread
    what I'm interested in is if anyone else in the country is as crazy as me (i guess not)
    if they are still playing with six cylinders
    these boats were born to have at least small blocks in em'

flat broke
    I think that there are plenty of people out there as crazy as you, it just comes down to finances. I'm sure if the other guys that were running the Scarabs wanted to/could throw 502 money at the boat, they would. BTW, how much lower in the water does the boat sit with the extra weight in the ass?
    BTW I'd love to get pics and a writeup on your boat for the gallery on my site. Email me if you're interested.
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Scarabjet
    I have a '98 Scarab jet & love it. I too am as crazy as you! Was going to repower but she only has 48hrs. Haven't exactly got my $$$ out of her yet.
    I pulled the muffler, ran the exhaust straight out the back above the water line,had a cavitation reducer & place diverter installed.
    I think they are very unique looking boats 94 the lenght) & it's seldom the time when I can launch without being asked questions.

mcshriver
    what or who made your cavitation reducer or is it a pre-impeller, is yours green and purple or red and black, mine is green and purple with little eyebrow windshields, a molded swim deck and a huge ladder right in the middle of the swim deck.
    e-mail me w/pictures and i will do the same

Scarabjet
    Just sent you some pics.
    Mine does not have the big glass ladder in the middle. Wellcraft went with an aluminum that tucks under the platform.