Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21' daytona

I dont think people realize how hard Marty worked on getting the boat to those speeds, it wasnt like he plopped the motor in and went 8.55 @ 127 mph, they were CONSTANTLY testing and trying new ideas.
    I agree with Maximus,you gotta have your sh*t togethor to get one going, even with the best motor, you still need to get it set up.

HBjet
    I dont think people realize how hard Marty worked on getting the boat to those speeds, it wasnt like he plopped the motor in and went 8.55 @ 127 mph, they were CONSTANTLY testing and trying new ideas.
    I agree with Maximus,you gotta have your sh*t togethor to get one going, even with the best motor, you still need to get it set up.
    Very true, and I believe his jet pump (from intake to nozzle) was a combination from just about evey mfg out there...
    HBjet

565edge
    I just got back from looking at it.Very clean!Needs a rail kit though.My loan wont come through till next week.I will pick up next sunday.Boat has a set back dominator pump with droop and place diverter.It has a 1 degree tapered shoe and ride plate.It has a inducer and a A-cut aggressor mag bronze.I might just put the motor in it and run it this summer.It has a 10-1comp 511" chevy with rec port open chambers.Im worried about the block being so bored out.The motor is all fresh and isnt back in the boat yet.Its got a victor ram with 2 750 double pumpers.Do you think this boat could run in the 80's with this motor?

steelcomp
    Do you think this boat could run in the 80's with this motor?
    That depends...are YOU driving, or me??
    (Sorry...couldn't resist, oh Large one!)
    Hey...just get the thing and put it together. It'l do what it'l do, and if it's not good enough, SPEND MORE MONEY!!! :coffeycup

MAXIMUS
    This boat was setup by GS Marine. I've ran next to him a few times. Fast boat, but is nothing compared to CS19 running next to me. When this 21 and I paired up it was an even run (with a running start) until I just ran out of motor, then he kept going. If we ran out of the hole, he'd need more then a 1/4 mile to catch up! haha... Nice Guy though and cool boat for sure!
    HBjet
    I raced a GS rigged kevlar 21 with a blown 572 that was real fast. We left from about a 30mph several times & by the time my gps said 85 the race was more than over... I have not seen a lot of honest 100 mph 21 daytona's.

MAXIMUS
    How much intake pressure do you see?Did you measure it before and after the dropped keel?
    Intake psi on my set up is pretty low. I think the most I have seen was around 25 psi. My motor & pump tends to process more water than the sled they are attached to can feed. At 6 psi of boost I was spinning on a good cold dry day around 6300 with a mpd stainless A. Now at 9psi I can spin 6400 on the hottest humidest day the summer has to offer... Haven't made any runs in the good cold winter air yet. Top speed so far to date was 4 seperate runs at 109 with 6 psi of boost & 6100 rpm. I haven't tested in a year & a half & probably won't do so for another year or two. Seems to run pretty well however!

HBjet
    I have not seen a lot of honest 100 mph 21 daytona's.
    I haven't seen a lot of honest 100mph boats period. I know they are out there... nothing better then racing a guy, beating him and him telling you his boat goes 100mph so I must be going faster then that. Then me saying my boat has never touched 100mph. The Lie Detector!
    HBjet

LOWRIVER2
    Hey CS 19,
    Did Marty sell the Daytona? Have'nt seen it on the river in a long time.
    It pulled the kids nicely on inner tubes too/lol.

Yeah, he sold it. He's now in a 22 Placecraft deckboat, using the same engine from the 21. I wouldnt be surprised to see it at Ming one of these days knowing Marty.
    A little off topic here, but I hear the PC 22's are working well with jet-drives and big HP, maybe something to consider if you dont want a 21 daytona or cant find one.
    See ya at the riv. Lowriver.

565edge
    Chris if it goes as planned i am picking the boat up sunday.If your at ming you will see it.Danny is supposed to bring my lifeline gear back sunday.So i will swing buy on my way home.Talk to you later.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast