I have a four bolt Gen IV 454 that was bored .60 over two years ago. Due to the impending gale banks turbo installation, I want to know if I can just hone the cylinders since the compression is still good? OR do I need to bore it .10 more for a true finish.
Second Question(s)Â…. Since I live in Brea, can anyone recommend a good short block machine shop to do it and what pistons to use since I will be running a turbo setup with about 6 pounds of boost? Currently, it is running 10 to 1 compression with the peanut heads and the block has been decked twice. I can get the motor torn down but donÂ’t know exactly what compression to go with, what different heads to use, what pistons to use, or what type of cam. Since I plan to change the heads and it will be in a 21 foot open bow jet boat (with kids and wife), I am not looking to go crazy with boost. I have been told to go with the 049 or 781 heads but I have also heard to dump the oval ports all together and go with the rect. Ports. Finally, what should the timing be set at? Just trying to make a good boat faster.
Thanks in advance.
Brendan