Thread: Berkley Loader On Ebay

V-MAX4 POWER
    Berkley Sport Edition (se) Loader On Ebay. Item # 4549203049

MikeF
    It would make a better anchor. :squiggle:

1978 Rogers
    Here is the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4549203049
    For some of us who are just starting out improving our pumps, I wouldn't call it an anchor. For mild motors its better than the rock grate. Not every guy here has a blown, turbos, or nitrous on the engines pushing 1000hp. Some of us can't afford to sink money all at once into upgrades

riverbound
    It would make a better anchor. :squiggle:
    Thats the same one I have on my boat. What is so bad about it

flat broke
    Here is the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4549203049
    For some of us who are just starting out improving our pumps, I wouldn't call it an anchor. For mild motors its better than the rock grate. Not every guy here has a blown, turbos, or nitrous on the engines pushing 1000hp. Some of us can't afford to sink money all at once into upgrades
    I can appreciate that, but Mike's comment is well founded. Many of these "loader" grates have the angle iron sections welded on at an angle that actually blocks water rather than picking it up. In general, some folks see some benefit over the stock grate with a loader like this, but if you happen to get the one that was welded at the wrong angle, you just wasted your coin.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Dan Lorenze
    Actually... I went on the Berkeley website and saw the other fine loaders they offer. Berkeley actually states that the higher end loaders are for engines in the 375-500 HP range and another version that is for even bigger engines with more HP. Getting a loader too agressive for a mild V8 could give you more bog than performance. A boat anchor for some but maybe a good buy for someone else...

MikeF
    There is always a better mouse trap.
    In that loader, there is no engineering whatsoever other than the jig that holds the metal in place to weld it together.
    Check out the RRacer boats up North. They use no scoop type loader grate at all! They are running nearly exactly the type you are removing to put that *** on. The loading is done by the shape of the hull just ahead of the pump.
    To each his own.