Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Howard Custom Boats Wins Again!

dr. margarita
    Just checked in with Gene last Thursday and gawked at the deck boat molds. They are simply flawless. This boat will definately raise more than just eye brows. GT in a cat?! That'll be the day!

INSman
    What a great post.lol. insman can't anyone get a little credit? whats the rub with HOWARD BOATS? hey they got an award and are great boat builders, so give them there do boy. guess I'm prejudice cuzz I own a 26 howard cat 2000 model that still looks show room fresh. not a crack in the hull and its been run hard in big water and high speeds. Gene builds great boats gives great C.S. and that is why he is successful.
    There are a lot of good new boat builders out there also, but HOWARDS been around a while and deserves the cudos they get.
    Never said they don't make a very nice boat or deserve the awards they are receiving, just didn't work for me personally this particular purchase, as I was looking for certain things to make the wife happy, which did not include probably the most efficient and fastest 28' "V" hull in the market.

Troubles No More
    Boa1277
    Sorry to hear your friend had problems, I never had a single problem. In fact, I had a great experience purchasing from Howard. I worked with Mike and Gene - very helpful, gave suggestions, patient, informative and very friendly. The follow-through was excellent. I also had great assistance from Mike and the guys in the shop with the graphics for the boat and service after the sale. I think the product quality and customer service is excellent. my.02

plaster dave
    Congrats to Howard on their award, have very good friend who just purchased a new Howard and he spent upwards of 130,000 for 20 something foot boat, the moment he got it home he rubbed out the Howard logo on the side of the boat, his reasoning was he diddn't even get a sea trial or any instructions on how to use the boat or how any of the electronics worked, so why give them the free advertising, in fact Gene treated him like sh-- after the boat was finished this really left a sour taste in his mouth for the whole Howard organization. Now I am not naming names or sizes because he doesnt even know I am posting this so I will leave personal stuff personal until I talk to him I just wondered if anyone else has had this type of experience I would love to here about it.
    Ok if your friend was treated bad then I feel bad for him. I walked into the showroom and talked to Gene about the boat I wanted to purchase. Now I am sleeved down both arms and dont look or dress like I have money (ie) watches, jewlery, nice clothes ect. I wear shorts and tshirts all the time and Genne was great to deal with. He did take me to the lake with the boat helped me after the purchase and when ever I see him or Mike they are both very nice and helpful with any questions I have. I am very happy with my Howard and being part of the Howard family.
    Congratulation Gene and Mike and everyone at Howard.

TPI
    Its good to see customers come out and post the posiitive experiences they have had at Howard, to a post that was started by a guy making a positive statement. I personally talked to a gentleman from back east the other day, that said he spent 10 hours at Howard with Gene looking at 28's and he really enjoyed his time there. I think that's great.

Boa1277
    Congrats to Howard on their award, have very good friend who just purchased a new Howard and he spent upwards of 130,000 for 20 something foot boat, the moment he got it home he rubbed out the Howard logo on the side of the boat, his reasoning was he diddn't even get a sea trial or any instructions on how to use the boat or how any of the electronics worked, so why give them the free advertising, in fact Gene treated him like sh-- after the boat was finished this really left a sour taste in his mouth for the whole Howard organization. Now I am not naming names or sizes because he doesnt even know I am posting this so I will leave personal stuff personal until I talk to him I just wondered if anyone else has had this type of experience I would love to here about it.
    Well the verdict is out and a great big apology goes to Howard and Gene in particular, my friend had a long conversation with Gene today, and what I perceived as customer disservice, was more of me hearing one side of the story and putting my spin on it, I owe an apology to the Howard organization for speaking for someone or something with out all of the facts, (there are two sides to every story) I had no idea I would be creating a firestorm that was created, I definitely put my foot in my mouth and hopefully it will not sway anyone now or in the future towards purchasing or considering a Howard boat. Like I said in previous posts Howard is one of the premiere boat builders out there, overall quality, fit and finish they are very hard to beat, and if you have read any of the prior posts they do very well with customer service, I vouch for that one, you should see all of the loyal customers who have contacted me to plead their case, and take up for Howard, it has made a believer out of me the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt anyone. :lightsabe

djunkie
    Well the verdict is out and a great big apology goes to Howard and Gene in particular, my friend had a long conversation with Gene today, and what I perceived as customer disservice, was more of me hearing one side of the story and putting my spin on it, I owe an apology to the Howard organization for speaking for someone or something with out all of the facts, (there are two sides to every story) I had no idea I would be creating a firestorm that was created, I definitely put my foot in my mouth and hopefully it will not sway anyone now or in the future towards purchasing or considering a Howard boat. Like I said in previous posts Howard is one of the premiere boat builders out there, overall quality, fit and finish they are very hard to beat, and if you have read any of the prior posts they do very well with customer service, I vouch for that one, you should see all of the loyal customers who have contacted me to plead their case, and take up for Howard, it has made a believer out of me the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt anyone. :lightsabe
    Apology accepted. That was big of you to come back and say this. I own a Howard but I bought it used. I have called Gene and Mike a couple times with questions about it and they were very helpful to me, even though my boat is 16 years old.

finally
    I am here to try to clear up the customer service issue. My wife and I would like to say that our exsperience dealing with gene and his son mike was great . We did not get to run the boat prior too deliver and that was not in genes control . The reason for this was because we choose a motor that was not one of his packages. The first time it hit the water was in parker, at that time we discoverd there was a small problem , I felt if we had run the boat before I took, it the problem could have been handled by the professionals instead of me . In the end with the support from mike , gene and bill I was able to resolve the problem. I would like to say that as soon as gene heard about this issue he contacted me to find out what could be done . I say there is no issue. To date the boat has performed flawlessly, there is 25 hours on it . The ride is fantastic ,handling is even better!. The motor is from paul pfaff and it is awesome!. I highly recomend this combo you wont be disappointed!!! Howards custom Boats are the best ! I would never have purchased one if I didnt feel so. I hope this answers any questions that you have about my friends comments.

plaster dave
    That sounds more like it. See you at the regatta.

Troubles No More
    Post a pic of your boat so we can find at the regatta in July..Maybe set up a match race with GT..............

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast