Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever..........

NuckinFutz
    Several years back we took a couple with us to one of the first Poker Runs. I was never so glad to get rid of a couple people in my life when we got home. The bitching by the other lady was non stop, she complained about the prices of everything we ate, the gas we bought, the motel rooms etc. We stayed at the Nautical and went out one night to eat, we returned and she was pissed as hell at the motel because she'd left the balcony door open a little while we were out with a light on in the room and the room was filled with gnats. She said it was the motels fault! We didn't eat one good meal according to her the entire trip, Shuegrues included. To top it off she came up short on cash and we had to loan them money to finish the trip after she lost her wallet and wouldn't let him have any of the cash to put in his. Needless to say the invite hasn't went there way ever again.

Sleek-Jet
    Did I ever share the story of the time I stayed at RiverDave's place?
    No... but I've seen the pictures...

KACHINA KEN
    I had a friend that just took off also, turns out it was social anxiety, she was actually on meds and didnt have any so she got freaked out.
    If you have never been to Havasu it is a lot to take in at once, agreed?

IN2-IN2MX
    Oooh, sorry Melissa...that sucks.
    My best friend Jenny is so NOT a river person. Sometimes she says "why don't you guys invite me to the river?" Um, hello. She has a heart attack after being in the water for 20 minutes..."it's too hot, it's too sunny, the water is icky, do you think there's something in the water that's gonna get me?, SLOW DOWN!!!! (when we're pulling her on the tube at 2 MPH)" I love her to death but I would never take her on a full day on the boat...she'd die or I'd kill her. About the best we can do with her is put her on the boat when we go to Buena Vista because then she can jump off anytime.

Tom Brown
    If you have never been to Havasu it is a lot to take in at once, agreed?
    No question.
    I know wouldn't go to Havasu without meds.

Jbb
    No question.
    I know wouldn't go to Havasu without meds.
    You cant make it from the bedroom to the shitter without meds....lol..

Huckleberry
    At least ya know who to ask to baby sit your dogs or cats while your at the river this summer!

Tom Brown
    You cant make it from the bedroom to the shitter without meds....lol..
    I've got end stage Elvis syndrome.

Tom Brown
    I had a friend that just took off also, turns out it was social anxiety, she was actually on meds and didnt have any so she got freaked out.
    It seems to me that if someone is on overload and can't cope, for any reason, that's a totally different situation than someone who ruins your weekend because they aren't having the time of their life and they want you to know it.
    We've all done things we didn't enjoy. Those of us who are adults just suck it up, do the best we can, and try to learned from the experience without ruining other people's fun.
    I hope you are patient with this woman and try to help her feel better about it, if she is embarrassed. Maybe you could take her out at a less hectic time and see if she enjoys it when the freak show is on a lower setting? At the very least, try to find a spot a little way from Frenchie so at least she's not exposed to that.

barbigrl
    I wish you guys would stop picking on my chick............................I almost got lucky until you ran her off :2purples:
    Sorry Shane.......but I think you had a part in running her off!!! Especially b/c of the message you left for E4L that she heard....saying how you were pissed she wasn't giving it up!!! Oh and your toliet mouth!!! :hammer2: I mean really how many times can you say the F-word in a 3 minute message?? LOL....... :wink:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast