Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lake Tahoe Boating???

SSTahoe

Dave C
    hey some of those pictures are photochops... where are the whitecaps.
    South Lake Tahoe is a great place to go and cruise around. If you stay around the shore line its usually not a problem. If the wind comes up, head for shore. A lot of the time the lake is very calm, just cold.
    SSTAHOE: where, would you say, is the best place to lauch?

SSTahoe
    hey some of those pictures are photochops... where are the whitecaps.
    South Lake Tahoe is a great place to go and cruise around. If you stay around the shore line its usually not a problem. If the wind comes up, head for shore. A lot of the time the lake is very calm, just cold.
    SSTAHOE: where, would you say, is the best place to lauch?
    I have to admit the Keys are nice if you can get a condo on the water with a dock. there is a ton of motel & hotels. They have rebuilt a lot of the State line area looks really nice! If you stay in one of the big Hotel there is more then plenty to do, Night club I think there is about 5-6 now, movies, food, gambling, drinking! As far as launch the boat The keys, Cave rock ( gets rough in the late afternoon during the summer months) Sand Harbor ( is nice because it has a little cove to launch to small for my boat though), And there is a lot more too. there is about half a dozen places to launch within 5-15 drive from the State line area. Check out my other post with the links.

rivercrazy
    Thanks so much for posting all this information. Makes a trip up there even more probable now that I've gotton some great feedback. Thanks everyone.
    And GREAT PICS!
    P.S. if your delivering the boat to tahoe Wes, let me know when. We may cross paths up there. If so, dinner and drinks on me.

SSTahoe
    here is a good links
    www.virtualtahoe.com

SSTahoe
    Thanks so much for posting all this information. Makes a trip up there even more probable now that I've gotton some great feedback. Thanks everyone.
    And GREAT PICS!
    P.S. if your delivering the boat to tahoe Wes, let me know when. We may cross paths up there. If so, dinner and drinks on me.
    I will be up there every weekend I hope so If you do come up PM before hand and I will take you for a spped run Tahoe style and stop off at Garwoods for a couple pitchers of Wet Woods!!

rivercrazy
    Thanks! If we make it up, I'll look you up for sure. First round on me!
    How's the weather typically in mid to late June? Still pretty cool? Typically more windy?

SSTahoe
    Thanks! If we make it up, I'll look you up for sure. First round on me!
    How's the weather typically in mid to late June? Still pretty cool? Typically more windy?
    End of june is really nice still a little chill in the morning at the lake is great a little breeze in the afternoon mid 80's just perfect weather plus the mountains will still have some snow on them perfect for pic's with the clear water and snow in the mountains

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234