Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel MPG?

ADDICTED
    Only the good ones

djunkie
    If you have bigger than stock tires and have not reprogrammed your odometer than ignore what the dash says. Plus it seems that any tire change over stock will affect the mileage. My 05' has 3500 miles on it. 100% stock and the worst I've seen was 15.5mpg and that was on my way home with a head wind most of the way. Best so far was just under 18mpg.

Cole Trickle
    Only the good ones
    Dang....
    There goes our top secret chamber technology with the custom whirlwind supercharged baffels!!!
    We were about to start claiming 150hp gains like Aero Turbine :devil:
    Brandin

ADDICTED
    Well maybe then not all the good ones becuase we we only gained 132HP with that setup LOL!!

Jordy
    We will see if the exhaust will help with this?
    I can hook you up with a great exhaust guy.
    I figured mine out after this last Havasu trip and I'm getting better than 16, with the odometer being off a little bit because of the 285's. I ran from my house to Havasu, around up there a bit, and then back home on less than 3/4 of a tank, granted it's also a longbed with a 34 gallon tank and I wasn't towing anything. I was running 80 or so pretty much the whole way.
    I have this Gibson exhaust system on it ( ), a K&N FIPK kit and the Edge Juice/Attitude on it. Seems to get down the road pretty alright.

ChumpChange
    If you have bigger than stock tires and have not reprogrammed your odometer than ignore what the dash says.
    Exactly. From door to door in my truck with larger than stock tires, my tripometer reads 250mi. In my stock car as well as Mapquest, it should be 272miles. If you account for how much your tripometer is off as then it should add a mpg to the overall mpg.

Havasu Hangin'
    Dare I say it...ChumpChange is right. My odometer shows 275 miles to Industrial in Havasu.
    According to a tire calculator...your speedometer is about 21% off.

slingingsmoke
    37" toyo mud grapplers.
    ...Heres your sign :messedup:
    First off, NEVER trust the Over Head display. They are great liars!
    Second, the mileage is lower because the overall diameter of your tire is soo large that the tripodometer is turning much slower. hence the very low numbers.
    You also should have the gears replaced. It will get you up into your engine's powerband and not bog it down. You probably have 3:55 or a 3:73 stock rear end. You should have no less than a 4:10 gear ratio with tires that big (It'd be 4:56 if your truck was a gasser and not a D-Max)!
    You will eventually ruin your Allison if you dont regear your truck! Also, I dont know if chevy does it, but at Ford, the dealer can reprogram your speedometer to correspond with larger tires. I think up to 35" tires right now. The 37" tire's overall diameter is just a tad bigger than 35"s.
    Hope this helps. JON.

Jordy
    You will eventually ruin your Allison if you dont regear your truck!
    Really? I've heard that rumor for a while yet never seen it happen.
    Shawn, if anything happens to your tranny let me know as I have a great Allison hookup too.

Kilrtoy
    Question for all you Duramax Owners?
    I have abrand new 05 HD on 37" toyo mud grapplers. Stock engine. I can bairly make it to Havasu with out running out of gas. This is roughly 250 miles from Corona. My dash says that I get 9.1MPG. What are some of you getting on your trucks?
    HEY FOCKER DID YOU STEAL MY TRUCK.......
    You must have gotten one from the same batch I did, THE SHIT BATCH..............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast