Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: IHBA Lucas Oil Nationals in Red Bluff, CA

boat030
    We're just taking Big Red up there, yea it should be a great time, I always have fun in Red Bluff

LUVNLIFE
    we will be there for this party, unfortunately we also have too race the boat so I won't get too partake in the River Ripple or was that Wiver Wipple??
    Hey Cale are we going too be able to get you to drive the truck again??
    Hey Mike no problem. I can do driving duties for you. Anything else you need?BTW sometimes it's called River Nipple

Dear Mike,
    We have recruited Cale for our team. He has no duties! He is jus gonna have fun and enjoy the races. Please make other arrangements for a driver as this one is busy. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    JBG

Mrs.Racer277
    Dear Mike,
    We have recruited Cale for our team. He has no duties! He is jus gonna have fun and enjoy the races. Please make other arrangements for a driver as this one is busy. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    JBG
    LOL Guess Mike is SOL :wink:

Dear Mike,
    As a follow up to my last post, The 277's will also be busy lounging and enjoying the races and would like to not be bothered by you pestering them to drive a tow vehicle. Thank you again for your understanding in this very sensitive matter.
    Tony

LUVNLIFE
    Dear Mike,
    JBG
    :jawdrop: OH CHIT :supp: That is OK I can totally multitask. I can polish the ball on the truck and keep Jen out of the way. Whatever you need I can handle it, even if it is kicking back and just watching the racing

Mrs.Racer277
    :jawdrop: OH CHIT :supp: That is OK I can totally multitask. I can polish the ball on the truck and keep Jen out of the way. Whatever you need I can handle it, even if it is kicking back and just watching the racing
    Exactly how do you polish the ball on the truck???????????

MOBrien
    I'll bring my truck too....then you'll have several balls to polish.
    All kidding aside, where's the best spot to watch the races from once in the gates? It's been a long time since I've been and want to make sure I've got a good loc to take some vids/pics from my lawnchair. As well, how early would you advise me and my crew get there on Sunday? We're thinking of stumbling out of Chico around 5:45 am to get to RB around 6:30am and get through the gates when they open at 7am. We should be able to get a good spot right?...or should we alter our schedule?
    Thanks,
    MOB

Mrs Luvnlife
    I'll bring my truck too....then you'll have several balls to polish.
    :2purples: Damn Luvnlife....you're gonna be the best ball polisher ever after this weekend is over!!
    All kidding aside, where's the best spot to watch the races from once in the gates? It's been a long time since I've been and want to make sure I've got a good loc to take some vids/pics from my lawnchair. As well, how early would you advise me and my crew get there on Sunday? We're thinking of stumbling out of Chico around 5:45 am to get to RB around 6:30am and get through the gates when they open at 7am. We should be able to get a good spot right?...or should we alter our schedule?
    Tony is gonna be the best one to answer that question....this will be our first time at RB....so we'll find out what we're in for!!! :rollside:

The opening of the gates to get into the race is like the start of the Boston Marathon. People start lining up at the entrances at 6am and wait to be let in at 7am. They make a mad dash carrying their EZups and chairs and ice chests and I have personally witnessed some of them stumble and take a header, making sure they don't spill or drop anything they are carrying. From this point it is like a war. The fallen soldiers are hoisted under their arms and dragged the rest of the way all in hopes to get the perfect placement on the course. They carefully place their EZ ups and chairs along the walkway while trying to segregate their own little area while trying to keep others out. Some bring "caution tape" to tape off their spot. In the end, all of this is for not as by 9am their are so many people with chairs under their shade that they don't even have room for themselves. I remember one year I came over to sit down with my wife under my EZ up and some guy was sitting in MY CHAIR and I asked him to please move and he said go find my own spot. There is actually a rule at the track that you are not allowed to rope off any areas for just your group.
    What you need to do MOBrien, is get with somebody (preferably a racer) and give them your chairs and EZ up to put in a spot for you. I personally think that the best place to watch the race is down near the starting line. It is to the right of the grandstand. Hope this helps.
    Tony

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast