Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Decibel Level Issue at Havasu

olc
    I would continue to question the information you're providing and the context your placing it in. Anyone can cut and paste from the AZ legislature's website but, I'm going to get back to my life now. I am saddened you think you're the only one who knows the law. I admit I was mistaken when I said 3 OUI's are not counted for felony. I forgot that changed.
    We obviously disagree on some issues and according to alot of the other forum members I'm the idiot! I've been called worse. With sleep and counseling I'll get over it I'm sure.
    It obvious there are alot of people here that depend on you to be their "boat cop". I've never heard of an officer going so far above and beyond that they'd spend their own time policing the world from the internet. Or are you working right now? Either way I hope you get some compensation for all of your insight.
    I am thankful for the job you do and wish you well. I hope this summer season is good to you! Don't work too hard!
    Final post for me
    If you'd like to respond to the other questions or comments I had in the thread I'd appreciate it (i'll check in for a little longer) if not, I know your busy.
    OLC out...

Froggystyle
    I would continue to question the information you're providing and the context your placing it in. Anyone can cut and paste from the AZ legislature's website but, I'm going to get back to my life now. I am saddened you think you're the only one who knows the law. I admit I was mistaken when I said 3 OUI's are not counted for felony. I forgot that changed.
    We obviously disagree on some issues and according to alot of the other forum members I'm the idiot! I've been called worse. With sleep and counseling I'll get over it I'm sure.
    It obvious there are alot of people here that depend on you to be their "boat cop". I've never heard of an officer going so far above and beyond that they'd spend their own time policing the world from the internet. Or are you working right now? Either way I hope you get some compensation for all of your insight.
    I am thankful for the job you do and wish you well. I hope this summer season is good to you! Don't work too hard!
    Final post for me
    If you'd like to respond to the other questions or comments I had in the thread I'd appreciate it (i'll check in for a little longer) if not, I know your busy.
    OLC out...
    In a year, when you have established a reputation as an interested and helpful boater (I think you are underneath the rough exterior) you absolutely have to let us know that you started out as OLC!
    Frankly, I think you care, and you have taken the time to get nearly schooled on the subjects. Though technically incorrect, you were more correct than I would have hazarded a guess. Tone it down a little and you will be fine.
    There are a couple of people you don't want to cross swords with on here... Rex and Alan are two. Both contribute heavily to our community in different ways, and if you asked me who brought the sound statutes to our attention as well as impending litigation and what we could do to stop it (signatures, letters to congress etc...) the top of my list would be Rexone. Actually, my only list. Rexone made more effort than anyone I know to educate and help stop these sound restrictions from going into law.
    Pick on someone else. If you need a list, PM me and I will send it to you. The list will be full of easy targets that you can rest assured you will have a minimum of a 70% appeal rating for bashing...
    Are you a democrat by any chance?

GHTRIM
    rough crowd....you better re-register under a different name.
    LOL!!! Good one...

HM
    Final post for me
    The fastest 22 second post, in the west.
    :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift: :shift:

Boatcop
    As I wrote before, I've been doing this in one incarnation or another for 30 years. (I'm also a boater myself, although the pay doesn't allow me to merge into the Hot Boat" catagory, just yet. Priorities, ya know?) In that time I've put more than a couple of people in body bags, pulled a few more from off the bottom of the Lakes and/or River. Told a few dozen parents/wives/husbands/kids that their loved one(s) were dead, killed by a drunk or ignorant boater. Investigated somewhere around 200 boating accidents, and all the other things that go along with this job.
    I subscribed to Hot Boat Magazine for several years. (In my business you have to know boats) and when I heard about this forum, I came on to see what was happening in the boating world, and maybe answer some questions and set the record straight on "River Legends", Boating law updates, rumors, and the like.
    Over that time (It must be going on 5 or 6 years or so) I've made a bunch of friends, and a few enemies. I enjoy what I do. Except for the parts I described above. I come here completely on my own time (no internet access at my office) to try and educate this motley crew that hangs around, so I don't have to do those things to them or their families.
    Has it helped? I'd like to think so. Even though my guys or I have arrested a few on here, cited maybe a few more, for the most part I think I've helped make Hot Boating on the River a little safer.
    Some people may not like the answers I give, but what can I say? I rarely inject opinion. Just facts. I encourage those who disagree with the laws to work to change them. I don't make 'em. Nor can I choose which ones to enforce or which ones not to. I have a job to do and I do it well, and to the best of my ability.
    I enjoy hanging around here, joking and playing with all the other morons here. What boater doesn't enjoy talking or reading about boats? And if I can help save just one of these idiots from themselves then, well, that's just a perk.

DogHouse
    Are you a democrat by any chance?
    Hey pipe down, my wife is a DEM, and she is OK! Voting for me is close to useless unless I can somehow arrange for her to be "busy" on election day.
    How's that for a hijack?

Froggystyle
    Hey pipe down, my wife is a DEM, and she is OK! Voting for me is close to useless unless I can somehow arrange for her to be "busy" on election day.
    How's that for a hijack?

Hehe...
    You just need to turn the clocks back a day for her...

DogHouse
    Hehe...
    You just need to turn the clocks back a day for her...
    Why didn't I think of that...

Froggystyle
    Why didn't I think of that...

I was in SEMA (Las Vegas) for the election, and I pre-voted before going, knowing I would be out of town. I stayed a couple of nights with a really good childhood freind of mine who after a couple of beers let me in on the fact that he was going to be voting for Kerry. :2purples:
    I spent the next two days working on him trying to get him to reverse his poorly-conceived decision successfully. He was voting Dem because his mom was going to. No better reason. We looked up "facts" and such for him to refute or not to no avail.
    We agreed in the end to disagree and left it at that. Finally, the eve of the election I told him that his decision was really bothering me. He asked "Why?" in a really upset manner. My answer was simple.
    "You are voting for Kerry, and you have no idea why. I have a thousand well thought out and defensible reasons for my decision, and when we both go to get our votes counted, yours will cancel mine out."
    He switched, and Republicans very narrowly carried Vegas.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456