Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Channel amp

SurfOnH20
    I ended up purchasing the 5 channel Hifonics amp. from what I read it seems like a pretty decent amp for the money. Now I guess the next question is where to put it. I was thinking placing inside the rear bench seat. will there be any heat issues ? Also, a second place since i have an outboard engine is to set it up in the rear cargo area behind the bench seat. I have an open bow 21' Cheetah..Bobaloo where did you set your amp at and do you have any heat related issues ?
    Thanks

h2oski2fast
    Don't put them anywhere that water might find them. Under the driver or passenger foot area is probably the best. Also, I would put a fan to blow air over the amp in.

BOBALOO
    I have the BX 1500D powering 2 kicker comp vr12's in a ported box and the sub amp gets hot as hell but NEVER shuts down. I also have the 4 ch 6400 powering 4 6 1/2 Kappas and 4 6x9 Kappas and that amp stays pretty cool. I dont have any fans on them and they are mounted in the cuddy in the open. I also have a sony 4 ch ( I dont care if they are mismatched ) running 2 6x9's (Alpine) in the rear cupholders and 4 6x9's (Alpine) in pods that I can plug into the dash for hanging out on the beach.
    I used to have 3 amps behind panels in the cuddy with 3 fans running off a relay and listening at full tilt it would shut off the mids for a couple minutes but only rarely did that happen.
    I would mount your amp to the back of the back seat or under the dash where it is not enclosed. If you have an open bow you could mount it vertically on the dash supports where the walk thru is. You should not need fans from my experience but they are not a bad idea.
    Have fun doing all this in the heat, get a fan and put the bimini up.

SurfOnH20
    Again, I am setting up a system in my boat running (4) 6.5 speakers with (1) ten inch sub. I chosen to do this myself to have a little fun. I am concerned about setting up my RCA cables from the head unit to my amp (see link for photo). My head unit (Sony cdx-F5505X) has two sets of RCA outputs (Front & rear). On the amp the RCA inputs are setup with single inputs for channels 1-4 and the 5th having two inputs..What would be the correct way and to hook this head unit up to the amp?
    Thanks, Pat Estes
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/show...threadid=56961

Phat Matt
    Again, I am setting up a system in my boat running (4) 6.5 speakers with (1) ten inch sub. I chosen to do this myself to have a little fun. I am concerned about setting up my RCA cables from the head unit to my amp (see link for photo). My head unit (Sony cdx-F5505X) has two sets of RCA outputs (Front & rear). On the amp the RCA inputs are setup with single inputs for channels 1-4 and the 5th having two inputs..What would be the correct way and to hook this head unit up to the amp?
    Thanks, Pat Estes
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/show...threadid=56961
    You can get some splitters for your front channel that splits the signal into two rca conetions for both the right and left channels. Plug those into 1-4. Use your rear channel for channel 5 since you don't have a sub out rca. Now when you use your fader on your deck if you fade it to the front it will cut out your subs and vice versa.
    That is the way I would probably do it so I could seperate the mids and highs from the sub. You could also run the front rca's to 1-2, and rear to 3-4 with a splitter coming off of there to channel 5. You would then be able to adjust all channels of your highs from your head unit but would have to dial your subs in from the amp only.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...fonic80002.jpg

SurfOnH20
    Phat Matt,
    Thanks again !! That was a advice I needed with a power point photo demo to boot..You ROCK dude !!
    Take care,
    Pat

Phat Matt
    Phat Matt,
    Thanks again !! That was a advice I needed with a power point photo demo to boot..You ROCK dude !!
    Take care,
    Pat
    No problem. Hope it all works out for you and sounds great. I will be putting that amp in a friends boat in just a couple of weeks.

ROZ
    Check the manual to see if you even have to split the RCA's... There may be a switch that will take the signal from the other channels internally when the 5/mono/6 RCA's isn't used...

Phat Matt
    Check the manual to see if you even have to split the RCA's... There may be a switch that will take the signal from the other channels internally when the 5/mono/6 RCA's isn't used...
    I would have checked the manual for him but they aren't available online. :hammer2: :hammerhea

ROZ
    I would have checked the manual for him but they aren't available online. :hammer2: :hammerhea
    Hifonics don't wanna give the competition any secret info, I guess.... :supp:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12