Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo on page 94???

HammerDown
    In the current issue of Hot Boat on page 94 its showing a pic of a 23 Eliminator with a Blower. However in the text there describing a 1975 Kurtis 500 jet with a Weland tunnel ram...WTF dose anyone proof read there articles? Guess what I'am suprised about is that there is a (23) foot jet Daytona!The bottom pic. shows the control for the reverse bucket. Many year ago I called Eliminator and asked them about building me a 22 foot Daytona Jet,they more or less laughed me off the phone (rude bunch of people)at that time. They said...no way! a 22 is to heavey,the boat won't perform, we won't do it! Barely wanted to here about my intrest.SOoooo I just wonder how the 23 in the pic runs, nice big boat,that would have been perfect for my area of boating...when those 50 foot Sea-Rays and Tugg Boats churn up my river!
    [This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited January 05, 2002).]

HammerDown
    Just one more thing,did ultra28 say they were going to do a 22 foot cat jet?

1quickjet
    HammerDown, It can be done on some boats. The reason they laughed you off the phone was because they are rude! Just kidding. I have known Bob Leach, Mike MacEnernie and the Eliminator crew since I was literally a baby. Bob is a great guy, and he has to be doing something right! But, I agree, there are a couple salesmem there that are complete jerks. I know one in particular, he is very rude. Every time I walk in there, they won't even give me they time of day, I guess because I am fairly young, and appear even younger. I nearly threw down with the same old fart at the Anaheim boat show a few years ago. I was seriously interested in a boat and was asking a lot of questions. He blew me off after a few questions, then he turned and walked away right when I was talking. I was pissed! Now I walk right past the Eliminator a-holes and go straight to Bob, like I said, he is a great guy to deal with, and even though I don't currently own an Eliminator, he treats me very well and always takes the time to be friendly. It is unfortunate that some people can give such a great company a bad name.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant, but like I said earlier, it can be done. I know jets generally don't like bigger and heavier boats. But I think more important than the size, is the bottom. Placecraft's 22' deckboat works very well (for a heavy deckboat) with a jet. Yes, this is the one often called the dustbuster. I have seen one in person at GS Marine that Greg said ran 100. It had a lot of motor, but still, that is respectable for a 22' jet-driven deckboat. I asked Eliminator about the 22' Eagle with a jet and they said no way. The 21' is available with a jet, and even the 23' is, but they told me that the 22' just doesn't work well with a jet because of the bottom design. If it would work, I think the DCB mach 22 would make a bitchin' jet boat. But I think that bottom is just not very conducive to a jet drive. Greg, feel free to set us all straight on this one. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

HammerDown
    I know there's a hole shit load of jet boaters out in the west coast. So I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of that fella on page 94. I'd like to chat with him. What year would do ya think that Daytona is? Late 70's early 80's?

nastyhabit
    they probly laughfed because you spelled eliminator with an I ---nasty

HammerDown
    Working to many hours...((((ELIMINATOR))))) how's that smart ass! P.S. did you ever work for them? I may have talked to you!

HammerDown
    Originally posted by nastyhabit:
    they probly laughfed because you spelled eliminator with an I ---nasty
    LAUGH(F)ED???? PROBLY???? Ya can't throw stones when ya live in a glass house!!!
    [This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited January 05, 2002).]

ChetCapoli
    easy does it hammer...
    dont want to get yourself the same kind of rep that i have in here you know. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Chet

greg shoemaker
    If the boat you are talking about on page 94 is a 23 it must have been a miss print . The boat Isee is a early model 21. Also the way Iread the article his first boat was a Kurtis and he moved on to the ELIMINATOR. Greg.

HammerDown
    Hey Greg,It must be the angle of the photo. Just looks like that Daytona has a lot more freeboard than my 21...No doubt, your the pro, you should know. So how would you think a larger tunnel jet 22-24 would work? How much power to make it run respectable?
    P.S. have ya chatted to my bud H.Morris?
    I know he's up to something!!!
    [This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited January 06, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast