Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On my way

phebus
    On my way to the doctor. I have to decide whether to have my third diskectomy, and face possible others, or to bite the bullet and have a fusion.
    If I have a fusion, my boating season is history, so it is a tough decision. I'm just sick of all the pain over the last few years, and the effects it has had on my family.
    Let's see, boating/fusion.....pass the pain pills please, I think I'm getting hooked on prescription pain pills.

NashvilleBound
    Back surgery is high risk regardless. I hope whatever you choose it works out for you. If you need a great reference at Scripps LaJolla let me know. This guy fixed what another messed up on my dad. It got real ugly. But he made it all good. Good Luck.

rivrbrat
    If you are in need of Disk repair I would check this site out..
    www.nyspine.com
    Found this site while searching for solutions for my husband's neck herniation. He doesn't qualify because they offer lower back solutions.
    Hope this helps....

bunny 166
    Hang in there Rick....PM if you need anything

Totally IncapASSitated
    Good luck with the decision Rick!!! I'm sure it will all work out for the best!!!

Music to my Ears
    That's a tough decision Rick. What ever you decide we wish you a speedy recovery and quick return to boating.

HCS
    That sounds like it sucks. :frown: I'm doing everything I can to avoid that situation.
    Good luck! and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Tom Brown
    You have my best wishes, phebus.

Not So Fast
    On my way to the doctor. I have to decide whether to have my third diskectomy, and face possible others, or to bite the bullet and have a fusion.
    If I have a fusion, my boating season is history, so it is a tough decision. I'm just sick of all the pain over the last few years, and the effects it has had on my family.
    Let's see, boating/fusion.....pass the pain pills please, I think I'm getting hooked on prescription pain pills.
    Sorry to hear this, hope it all works out. My Dreamcatcher wake-cracked vertebrae thing was 2 years ago now and I still hurt, Bastards. Good luck buddy NSF

phebus
    Back from the doctor. A decision was made to do a three level diskectomy. Hopes are that it will take care of my problems for now, and avoid a fusion. It will only keep me off the water for a month or so, so not to bad. Surgery set for June 6th, so lots of water time before then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast