Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Make My Boat "Air Out"

n8dawg
    Thanks for the complements guys! But the chick next to me likes to go fast also! So would a droop get it out of the water more than just a diverter?

BrendellaJet
    Have your stock WJ nozzle cut off by Jack at MPD and you can bolt a droop to it. That WJ wedge is probably hurting your overall performance. WJ diverters by design are pretty weak because of the built in nozzle(its attached to the bowl)...

Floored
    http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/...cbbb040124.JPG my 455 with wj and a side view of my wj modified to use a berk droop and place diverter.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t=7&thecat=998

n8dawg
    thank you, sweet set up. hows the performance with that?

disco_charger
    Have your stock WJ nozzle cut off by Jack at MPD and you can bolt a droop to it. That WJ wedge is probably hurting your overall performance. WJ diverters by design are pretty weak because of the built in nozzle(its attached to the bowl)...
    If you go through all that trouble, maybe an energizer kit? That gives him a better bowl, the ability to use the PD and all kind of other goodies, like a ride plate. The boat is too wet, and he's just using up motor.

Brooski
    Hey Nate, if you are going to spend alot of cash trying to get it right, why dont you buy a used Berkeley pump and go from there. Check with Nelson, I think he had one for sale at one time pretty cheap, and a Berkeley would definitely be more efficient. I dont know about the mounting to the intake though. Anyone agree?

Zeug
    Here you go
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...eser_455-1.jpg
    Hey Floored,
    A couple of questions for you. Did you weld the adapter to your bowl or just bolt it on? And, did you shoe your intake or just add the ride plate?
    Thanks!

n8dawg
    I'm getting a berkley pump this weekend for free ( don't know what kind of berkley it is ) but it will be awhile before I can get the cash for that upgrade to rebuild that pump. So in the mean time, I just wanted everyones opinion on if they thought the boat looked wet and if I can get a little more out of it.

cole13
    I'm getting a berkley pump this weekend for free ( don't know what kind of berkley it is ) but it will be awhile before I can get the cash for that upgrade to rebuild that pump. So in the mean time, I just wanted everyones opinion on if they thought the boat looked wet and if I can get a little more out of it.
    I would be curious to know if you would have to change the intake, or if you could just slap the new pump right on the old intake. N8 talk to Nelson 109 I remember him saying that he could get seals for the pump for real cheap. It would be a fun project to say the least.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast