Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Mojave & Laughlin questions

Mrs CP 19
    Friends who stay in Laughlin usually stay at Edgewater or Riverside with no problems. If you don't mind the drive, Cottonwood is nice...You could also look for daily condo rental in Bullhead. Depending on your boat size, water level, you can always launch in the river for the day and head to Havasu, Sandbar. Hope you have a good summer at Mohave!

prop check
    4 day,
    frenchie is right on with the hotel stuff I like to launch at telephone it is crappy dirty but has no wait we launch everything from my little dingy to the 30+ footers there with four wheel drives good luck!!!!! P.S. fours are good but six is better

THATJEFFGUY
    Don't stay at Harrah's ! The upper level parking has NO security cameras and virtually no security guards either. Last summer my boat was broken into there and they stole my subs and deck..and no one saw a thing ! I would suggest the Edgewater so you can park in the secure lot up behind the outlets. The security there is pretty tight and you can't get into that lot without going thru a guard at the gate and being on the registered guest list. As for Katherine Landing...Fri, Sat, and Sunday suck, no matter what time it is !! Good luck !

4DAY4PLAY
    Thanks for all the great input...we'll see you all out there this summer!
    p.s. prop check....your right sixes are great, i just have to take a shift off to get one......

alfonzo
    Just keep a look out for these guys. I hear they are going to start "recruiting" in Laughlin soon.
    http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/frenchie_dc.jpgROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!your f*ckin killin me.

28 Victory
    Been going to Katherines for 20 plus years, during the week launch times are great. If you have a lifted truck try to launch at telephone cove pretty shallow and if you have a bigger boat you pull into water for at least 25' to float it. I was there friday 5/6 and no lines, weather sucked. As far as hotels go haven't stayed in one for years, heard Riverside newer tower wasn't bad. Good luck.

bruddah
    pretty much dont even deal with catherines anymore and just go to telephone just due to the crowds. but i have a 2wd superduty diesel that is lifted and it does fine with 35s pullin my 21" outta there but those wholes will get ya so just watch out, but it is fun and should be there memorial weekend so see ya guys in the alley.

Sportin' Wood
    Ditto on the launch times. I can tell you that if you can get your crews a$$ out of bed at a decent time( Early) You won't have trouble putting in on a weekend. Pulling out is a whole different gig. I suggest weekend extrication should wait till after dark or pull out in the afternoon.
    For the guys that hit KL on weekends and don't have a slip try the courtesy slips and get dinner and a few coctails then pull out after the crowd dies down.
    The line moves pretty good when they have people out directing traffic, in the evening they have no people directing traffic and everyone is burned out.
    Weekday is a mild wait if you don't hit the rush. 7:30 to 10:00. Those times are horrendous on the weekends :argue:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12