Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive Tech (Nascar Racing)

DMVQUEEN
    I bought my husband a cool B-Day present, a day at Fontana Speedway for a real NASCAR experience, racing against other fools on the track for about 25 laps, anyone been?????
    And, BTW, I was fool enough to order the Ride A Long with a Pro Driver going about 150 MPH around the track, (thank goodness I'm not driving, just being a side seat driver) LOL
    Just wondering if anyone has done it and what to expect, fun or (pooping pants) scary!!!!
    Imput would be great!!
    Thanks
    Sara

LevoeDCB22
    How much was it? Id love to go back.. I did the Petty school and it was way cool

NoCal NoBoat
    DMV Queen -
    I did the Richard Petty ride-along at Orlando.
    It was awesome, once I remembered to breathe, and it ended much too soon.
    If I remember correctly, it was three laps - but that included pit road getting up to speed and about a half lap cool down. I thought we were going fast on the pit road, and then we hit the track.
    What's it like ? Very cool. You're looking down track at the banked turn, and it looms like a big wall you're going to drive into. From driving your street car, you wait for the driver to lift as he enters the turn, but, of course, he doesn't. The car goes through the corner like a train on rails. You sit there and wonder "What's this like at 190 with 42 other cars" ???
    Top speed at Orlando was about 140.
    It totally ruined "Test Track" at Epcot Center for me. (j/k) 60 wasn't shiat after the big track.
    I hope you enjoy your ride. I KNOW your husband is going to enjoy his !

DMVQUEEN
    We are going this weekend, have never been, so it was fun??
    Not TOOOOOO scary???
    Thanks for the imput
    Sara

DMVQUEEN
    Thanks NO Cal, very excited but a little aprehensive, but thanks, I KNOW HE WILL HAVE A BLAST. I can just hear him now at the meeting, "I watch ESPN, I learned everything I know about NASCAR from ESPN" LOL
    Will post pictures on Saturday afternoon.
    See ya

We are going this weekend, have never been, so it was fun??
    Not TOOOOOO scary???
    Thanks for the imput
    Sara
    I sat shotgun at Atlanta Speeway and did 3 laps for $100. It was off the hook and so awesome you can not even explain it it anybody. Well worth it, I can only imagine what it is like to drive sollo..... have a good time.

burtandnancy
    My kids bought me the advanced drive at Richard Petty at Las Vegas. It was incredible. Nancy did a 3 lap ride along (at about 20/30 mph faster than I was allowed to go) up against the wall. She loved it as well. Many friends have done the Fontana experience and it sounds like it was cheaper and got more laps. You will love it regardless...

LUVNLIFE
    That's cool Sarah. Mark will love it and so will you. :rollside:

Racer277
    I am sooo jealous at you!
    That is the coolest gift ever! You guys will have a blast!
    Some how I can see you in the car with the guy, going 140 through the corner, talking and carrying on the whole time, LOL.
    I know Dia would be.... :rollside:
    I'd Love to be in the GTO on the way home from the racetack, doesn't that thing do about 140? :squiggle: If you time it right the 210 may be fun....

DMVQUEEN
    I'd Love to be in the GTO on the way home from the racetack, doesn't that thing do about 140? :squiggle: If you time it right the 210 may be fun....
    Ya I've been on the I40 in the GTO with Mark out to Havasu doing about 130 until I started yelling and hitting him in the arm, probably not a good thing to do when he is driving that fast, but then again, I probably wasn't thinking :hammerhea
    Hopfully I will not have a mike in my helmet hooked up to the driver for the ride along, I just may make him pull over and throw me out!!!! :2purples:
    Sara

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast