Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Hey Jrocket..

BoatFloating
    Carson is very good no doubt about it,and even Gary says he does excellent work,but I have a deal worked out with Gary and Im going to stick with it.
    The part I dont get is the "US" and "Turbo" part?
    Let me spell it out for you... I know you dCB guys are a little light in the Brain dept. See I have a friend (I know HH) who had someone else build his turbo motor and in the long run he just ended back at Carson's to fix it correctly.
    If my memory serves me correctly J you were selling your boat a while back because the insurance was to expensive. So now you keeping it and going big motor???? What did you do rob a bank?????
    I was talking to Carson about a motor when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do... So that is where US comes from. :notam:

KROOZIN
    Orange Picker....
    It was good to talk to you last night. (you too Rocket) Your Hallett looks awesome. I like all the detail!
    Enjoy it, and drive fast, crazy, and take chances!!
    No, just kidding!
    I should have my boat running soon, and I should be making a trip out there with a few buddies either the second or third weekend in June...
    It would be cool to meet up with you and JRocket, and we'll take the Skater out for a few passes!
    Dan

Jrocket
    Let me spell it out for you... I know you dCB guys are a little light in the Brain dept. See I have a friend (I know HH) who had someone else build his turbo motor and in the long run he just ended back at Carson's to fix it correctly.
    What was wrong with it in the first place?
    I dont have any reason not to use Gary so far.

andy01
    Let me slip into my Cheer outfit if it still fits........
    Can I get a G Can I get a T Can I get a P Can I get an e ....... well you know the rest.
    I had Gary rig my Mach 26 and do all of my repairs and service to that boat and my Steering on my Spectre. I wouldn't consider using anybody else for anything on my boat. He has Joe work on my boats everytime (and Joe knows his shit). Yes a owner has to deligate task to emploees and yes that may mean that he doesn't see "everything". Dave at DCB has employees and he can't see "everything" either. And both companies turn great products. But if these employers higher the right people for the job then it is the same as them doing the job or sometimes it could even be better. You never know. I know I always refer to my DCB but I had great service from both parties, and Gary is one hell of a guy. He has never let me down on a time line or service. I wouldn't hesitate to use him to rig my next Spectre or Skater, and with a pair of his turbo motors. he is out in the shop A LOT. I have only seen him at his desk once (and that was to take my hard earned money) Carson might be a great engine builder but he isn't the only one with the ability to build a reliable engine package.
    Andy

KROOZIN
    Just to clarify....
    I wasn't trying to imply any negative press towards GT. He and his employees do awesome work and he has a great reputation. And he's a great guy!
    I was simply saying (trying to say) from my experiences with different companies (like you care :sleeping: ).....
    Make sure you express to the owner exactly what you expect (I've been guilty of not doing this) so they have a chance to meet all of your needs. Don't assume they're going to do it like you expect. Have it written down....so there is no excuse later. Lastly, double check everything yourself......even though you paid them to do it! One loose bolt and your weekend is ruined.

Now go in peace..........hhhmmmmmmmmmm... :chi:

alfonzo
    Kinda like the "my friend knows a guy who's brother's cousin said that nobody else knows how to build turbo motors except Carson" cheerleading competition.
    :idea:
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARSONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!YEH....WHew>>>>>OOHYEAH....Wh ew!!!

Dave C
    I'm only willing to overlook that part cuz the motor is over 1000 h.p. :supp:
    besides thats a "bolt on" item you can be proud of!!
    especially since you can't order it out of a catalog like all the other parts on OUR boats!! :wink:
    For a DCB

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910