I have some questions regarding Oklahoma. Here's the deal. My mom recently divoriced my pops and moved to a small town outside of Norman called Wayne. Her place kicks ass, 20 acres, 2500 sq. ft. home two ponds to fish, etc... My mom's side of the family is from Norman and I've been going there to visit my relatives since I was small and I love it as does my mother in which she has always wanted to move there................so she did. I recently bought a house here in California which has already almost doubled in price! I'm seriously considering cashing out down the road and moving back there especially if a job opportunity arises in my field of work. I know OK has more lakes than I can frigin' count but how good are they for the type of boating we do. Is there alot of drag boat guys there? I wonder how Oklahoma's lake compare to California's lakes and rivers? What areas are good to live in? I know Norman is a cool place and my relative own 80 acres by Thunderbird lake but I've never boated there. Any feedback or thoughts will greatly help out. I'm just trying to get some insight for the place and see if Oklahoma would be a good fit for me. Bottomline: Everything else aside,where, if any, would be the "place" to be in Oklahoma??
Jim Barnett
Bakersfield, Ca