Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Oklahoma.......

jdf
    what's up snow ...i got alot of the chorme done for the flattie i need to get some tank holder's and clean the inside up and it will be ready for some power

Hey Oknozelman....... JDF used to live in Chickasha as I did for about 10 years. I had a boat shop there. We hung out at Chickasha Lake over by Verden quite a bit. We did wonder around oncew in a while to Keystone, Arbuckle, Murray, and Ft Cobb. Raced a bunch at Overholser. You mentioned Bridge Creek, as in big swirling wind didn't leave much. Isn't Bridge Creek like a suburb of Pocassett?
    Yep, thats BridgeCreek. The house I live in was blowen away, well not this house but the old one? One of my firefighter friends bought the land and biult this hose and I got it from him about 6 years back. BridgeCreek is more like Blanchard than Pocassett

sdba069
    I know...... I was trying to be a smarta$$, didn't work. My wife is from over around Blanchard, actually Dibble. my buddy, Jimmy Parsons is from Blanchard also. He runs a Pro Mod drag boat, also he's a cop in OKC.

sdba069
    Hey David..... got in touch with Kadell on his cell phone last Friday. He and his wife are on vacation and will be home this weekend. He said he wanted to go over all your pieces again and make sure everything is cool, since they had been there so long. Should be able to get the parts picked up by the middle of the week. Hope we are going to upgrade that ignition system

jdf
    yes sir have a msd set up for it,,i have all the rocker's and push rod's and fly wheel when do you need that that stuff ..the plan is stay a few day's and help ypu out with other stuff in the shop and help on the flattie

Jim B.
    Thanks for all the input boyz. I'm going out there for two weeks in sometime in Sept. I will make another post a few weeks before I leave and maybe I can hook up with a few of you guys while I'm back there. Maybe even head up to the Tulsa area and check it out up there. Is there any weekly get together's (lake racin', etc..) or any boating events happening around that time??

OK, sorry for mesingup the joke, I know Jimmy that no good so-n-so
    he has a sheet metel intake of mine that he hasent paid me for :frown:

DUECE'SDAD
    You guys have turned this dudes post into another one of those okie family reunions, your brothers uncles cousin has a broke down car you cant get some parts off of ! Its pretty cool out here, i live near tulsa and into alot of the traditional 50's hot rodding stuff and its actually coming popular here again, finally but theres plenty of weekly gatherings here in tulsa at the lake, like thrursday drag boat nights at keystone, and ive heard there is a big once a week in oklahoma city but have never made it. The weird part about around here is that there are cool "hot boats" stashed everywhere, you can be just driving out in the middle of nowhere and see a way cool boat settin around and the guy says he takes it out once a year. There are plenty of us that gather together but 10-15 v-drives is a huge crowd. Its really cool here, and you would be 10 years ahead of every body. My family heads out to so. cal about once a year for different car gatherings, and hit alotta cool stuff while there, even hit the havasu deal last year and two years ago (no boat though) and i still say i wouldnt move there even if they were giving houses and fancy livin' away, i just kinda dig the laid back livin of around here, and you can still get crazy looks outta people here when you show up with some way cool hot rod or boat or bike, b/c they havent already seen a thousand of them like out in cali. where everything has already done it. Just my story, and just giving you guys chet about the family reunion deal. Damn this reply sounds so chitty-chatty, i have talked this much all week-Dustin

Pee Dub
    Hey Deuce, you and Wendy coming down for Memorial weekend? Still got an empty bedroom.

sdba069
    Hey David....... What all do you have as far as the MSD parts??????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast