Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs do weird things

Nubbs
    Sorry for the long post, but this is too weird not to tell. So, my sister has 2 labs. Rocky is 1 year old and Ranger is about 6 months. The dogs like to play and fight with each other. Rocky is a moose and he usually gets the better of Ranger since he's bigger. Well, about 3 weeks ago Rocky stopped eating, was real tired, and was throwing up. My sister took him to the vet. The vet gave him an IV and some medicine and took some Xrays. He went home the next day and was better for a few days. Then he started to act sick again so he went back to the vet. The vet thought he had an ulcer so he got some more medicine and special food. Well Rocky wouldn't eat or drink and they had to shove his medicine down his throat. He then started throwing up his medicine and losing lots of weight. They were worried he wouldn't make it. So Monday morning Rocky went back to the vet. As a last resort, the vet recommended exploratory surgery to see if they could find something wrong. Well, my sister called monday evening after Rocky's surgery. The vet removed a complete dog collar from Rocky. Rocky ate Ranger's collar! The whole thing! Even the black plastic clips were still on the collar! The collar was in his intestine, stomach, and abdomen. Needless to say, Rocky has quite a bit of recovering to do, but he should be ok. My sister always said they would lose their collars while playing. Well now she has one back.

Boy Named Sue
    Rock a doodle doggie! It was Rocky's way of expressing his opposition to the symbol of oppression. Either that or those Hartz collars taste like licorice. Either way can you blame him? I knew you could do it Rock! Be true to the cause!

Silver
    OMG...................silly dog!

Restless22
    Dam, Thank god he is ok.
    Frikken crazy labs! Talk about a love/hate relationship
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...CF0069-med.JPG

slingingsmoke
    Sorry for the long post, but this is too weird not to tell. So, my sister has 2 labs. Rocky is 1 year old and Ranger is about 6 months. The dogs like to play and fight with each other. Rocky is a moose and he usually gets the better of Ranger since he's bigger. Well, about 3 weeks ago Rocky stopped eating, was real tired, and was throwing up. My sister took him to the vet. The vet gave him an IV and some medicine and took some Xrays. He went home the next day and was better for a few days. Then he started to act sick again so he went back to the vet. The vet thought he had an ulcer so he got some more medicine and special food. Well Rocky wouldn't eat or drink and they had to shove his medicine down his throat. He then started throwing up his medicine and losing lots of weight. They were worried he wouldn't make it. So Monday morning Rocky went back to the vet. As a last resort, the vet recommended exploratory surgery to see if they could find something wrong. Well, my sister called monday evening after Rocky's surgery. The vet removed a complete dog collar from Rocky. Rocky ate Ranger's collar! The whole thing! Even the black plastic clips were still on the collar! The collar was in his intestine, stomach, and abdomen. Needless to say, Rocky has quite a bit of recovering to do, but he should be ok. My sister always said they would lose their collars while playing. Well now she has one back.
    I went through something similar. Samson, my old Rottweiler had a rock lodged in his small intestine. The doc found out too late and Samson eventually went into heart failure and had to be put down. Dam doc coul'dnt have caught it before the $2,000 surgery!

fourspeednup
    I have a 2 yr old black lab and can absolutely see him doing something like that :messedup:

v-drive
    That's why we named ours Hoover!...... v-drive

Mandelon
    I hate to interject a cat story into this nice dog thread but its so funny its worth it. True story.
    Buddy and his girlfriend had one of those long haired foo foo cats. They went on a trip. While they were gone, the cat got to playing with a cassette tape. Cat ended up eating the tape. Tapes are long. 90 minuteTDK, is a very long tape.
    When they came home, the poor cat had part of the casette tape sticking out it ass, covered in sh*t, of course. But yet it also had some of the tape sticking out its mouth. It was unable to chew through the tape and had the plastic cassette housing part hanging out of its mouth. :messedup:
    So there are little bits of cat sh*t spread all over the house from it dragging the somewhat digested tape around...
    My buddy was able to pull the tape back and forth through the cat........ :supp: and subsequently pulled it all out the back door......
    What tape was it you ask......?
    Sorry, I don't know. :redface:

boxscore
    I've owned a few labs... Currently have a fine chocolate one. I still can't fgure out if they are really really smart or really really dumb.

Jbb
    Exact same thing happened to my neighbors Husky...except they found a peach pit in her....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast