Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "On Board" Battey Chargers

surfer2001
    info need please,
    I want to hard wire a charger. I'm lasy after a full day on the water. All I want to do is plug it in.
    do you use one? what brand ? how much? are you happy?
    thx
    Don

riverbound
    I have used a ot of the ones from batterystuff.com (http://www.batterystuff.com/categori...arine_chargers) I have use quite afew of their marine chargers in customer boats and have not had one come back.

69 Elim
    I completely agree - very simple to use, no problems at all.

phebus
    I use the Dual Pro Charger. It came highly reccomended from those in the know, and there are several board members running them. Fully automatic, with no fear of over charging. I just plug it in at the end of the day, and the batteries are ready to go fully charged the next day. I keep the boat plugged in to the charger all the time when it is not being used, and it maintains the batteries, which should let me get the greatest amount of time with them before they need replacing. It wasn't the cheapest charger out there, but far from the most expensive also, but I don't remember exactly what I spent for it, but it was money well spent, very convenient just to plug the boat in at the end of the day.
    http://www.dualpro.com/images/Dualpro.jpg

phebus
    DILLIGAF, had the faster fingers, but as you can see, I wanted to be just like him.

Essex502
    Do either of you two that use the Dual Pro Charger use them with the Optima batteries? If so, did you use the standard charger or the special one for Gel/AGM batteries?

phebus
    I use mine with Optima batteries. I called the company prior to buying mine, and this is the model they reccomended.

Essex502
    I use mine with Optima batteries. I called the company prior to buying mine, and this is the model they reccomended.
    Cool. I haven't purchased anything from Batterystuff.com but visited their site lots of times. Great information on it.

phebus
    Do either of you two that use the Dual Pro Charger use them with the Optima batteries? If so, did you use the standard charger or the special one for Gel/AGM batteries?
    Optima batteries are lead acid batteries in a sealed case, so the standard type charger is what you need.

Havasu Hangin'
    Optima batteries are lead acid batteries in a sealed case, so the standard type charger is what you need.
    As long as it doesn't exceed the charge rating of the batteries...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast