Thread: ROOSTERBOOSTER QUESTION????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED A ROOSTER BOOSTER? DOES IT WORK GOOD? I WAS INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE BUT $200 BONES IS ALOT TO LAY DOWN FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESNT WORK. DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF ONE IN ACTION?

Hallett19
    if you need another 10-20 feet of height and 30 feet of lenth for your roost, then get one, but unless you have a grossly overpowered motor or really have a divine desire to show off, this thing wont do shit for you. Do you already have a diverter anyway, and do you have a two piece bowl ?

82SleekCraft
    Does this mean that my stock 460 on my 21' Sleekcraft with a JG bowl is not a candidate for a big rooster tail? I have yet to install my Place Diverter. If the Rooster Booster will do me good, maybe I'll install them at the same time.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I DONT WANT TO RACE, I JUST WANT TO SHOW OFF! I JUST WANT TO SHOW MY A$$ OFF.

GM Killer
    They work, depending on what you are looking for and/or need. 'Going Places II' used one to set the jet speed record in the quarter. To see one in action go to www.rotten.com (http://www.rotten.com)

Hallett19
    82, unless you have a ton of HP, if you noticed from "POST PICS OF YOUR RIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!" (how un-neccesary is that?) those guys push HUGE roosts out w/o a rooster booster, and unless you are pushin' big HP numbers, the booster wont do much for you, plus think, that is 8 degress of lifting the nose out of the water you will never see again, good for wake boarding http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif If anything go for a droop snoot, you will get better results with that.

82SleekCraft
    H19,
    Would the droop snoot be beneficial for me (just for the rooster tail, obviously) even though I don't have a gazillion horsepower motor?

Blown509Liberator
    The Rooster Booster has no real performance benefit. Where as a Droop will give you more lift if needed. most Droops have some upward tilt to them my Aggressor Droop has 7 Deg up built into it
    MikeW

Hallett19
    Like Blown said, it gives you lift, if you see a boat w/o a droop, more of is sits in the water, with one, less of it is in the water which equals less resistance, in turn higher top end, plus when you get one, you put a ride plate, which also helps and like he also said, ads that lift to the roost.