Thread: carb jetting anyone????

advantage21
    I have a bbc mildly built with a 850holly double pumper seems to run a little rich i need to either jet it or replace it with a smaller one any suggestions on jet size from some could help thanks.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Well, if it is a little rich, the numbers are stamped onto the jets themselves. Pull the float bowls off it and drop a size all arround or 2 sizes where you think it's rich (primaries or seccondaries). I would advise a magnifying glass to help read the numbers tho. I'm running a 700CFM 4150 on a 400HP 454 but cannot tell ya what sizes I have. They are orriginal from 1978.

GofastRacer
    Well if it's just a "little" rich rejet it, but we need a lot more info to give you an accurate answer to your problem, like how big a motor, cam, heads, intake, what application you have, the normal stuff. With more info we can set you straight!..

advantage21
    punched out 40over with stock heads a mild hydraulic roller cam with a edelbrock performer manifold running to a american turbine jet. It runs really good but i get a lot off gas fumes coming off of high rpm down to idle maybe i have nothing to worry about but i thought i would get a few opinions.