Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why would you..

Blown Lavey
    Why would you use 6x9"s instead of 6.5"s in this application?
    Seems like you could get the same sound out of the 6.5 without the extra cost, keeping in mind that you already have subs in your system.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_351-med.jpg :hammer2:

h2oski2fast
    6x9s are WAY more efficient then 6.5s. Less power to get the same output, plus a wider frequency response. May not sound better, but it will definately be louder.

riverbound
    Because in that particular application you want as much volume as possible. and 6x9s will give you more volume than a 6x9. trust me I know alot about that particular speaker setup (we designed and built those and now actually manufacture them) If you are interested Call (909)481-8411 and speak to Dave.
    We did try them with 6.5s and they did not sound nearly as good.

rvrpig
    Because in that particular application you want as much volume as possible. and 6x9s will give you more volume than a 6x9. trust me I know alot about that particular speaker setup (we designed and built those and now actually manufacture them) If you are interested Call (909)481-8411 and speak to Dave.
    We did try them with 6.5s and they did not sound nearly as good.
    How much does something like that run and how how many holes do you have to put in the boat...very interested.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Why would you use 6x9"s instead of 6.5"s in this application?
    Seems like you could get the same sound out of the 6.5 without the extra cost, keeping in mind that you already have subs in your system.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_351-med.jpg :hammer2:
    Why?!?!?!?!?! I always crack up at the guys going thru the channel with speakers up on poles or bungeed to their bow facing outwards. I just don't get it, but to each their own I guess.

riverbound
    How much does something like that run and how how many holes do you have to put in the boat...very interested.
    2holes. For pricing you need to call Dave (Parker) or PM him. (909)481-8411 He has special discounts for ***boaters.
    Or if you want PM me your contact info and I will give him your info. I will be at the shop tonight.

riverbound
    Why?!?!?!?!?! I always crack up at the guys going thru the channel with speakers up on poles or bungeed to their bow facing outwards. I just don't get it, but to each their own I guess.
    Originally we built them for a customer that wanted to be able to hear their stereo outside of the boat while beached, at the Sandbar etc... Now People can do whatever they want with them.

69 Elim
    Well, I have a set of those pods on my boat. Dave made them up for me. I have 2 pairs of 6x9's in them. I can honestly say they really work for when I'm on the beach - the sound can travel instead of being trapped in the boat.
    but, I didn't realize how heavy they were going to be.
    Riverbound - I think you guys should make them out of fiberglass instead of all wood construction. they seem REALLY heavy.
    but they work well for the purpose I intended.
    Just little affraid of the pole bending from their weight on top.
    NO, I don't cruise around with them up, and yes, I think they look a little funny up too. but they do play loud - so mission accomplished.
    Plus the Mrs. and her friends like it :wink:

ROZ
    6x9s are WAY more efficient then 6.5s. Less power to get the same output, plus a wider frequency response. May not sound better, but it will definately be louder.
    You sure you don't want to get back into the business?

ROZ
    Riverbound - I think you guys should make them out of fiberglass instead of all wood construction. they seem REALLY heavy.
    I think RB is working on that one...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast