Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn pop-up question...

al cole'holic
    ...I haven't had a pop-up in a long while, until now!! This "Aurora" crap keeps loading up and giving me pop-ups as of Monday and I wanna throw this computer out the window. Anyone know how I can find it and delete the source??? Thanks...

BrendellaJet
    what operating system?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Spybot Search and Destroy

al cole'holic
    what operating system?
    XP

Boozer
    That Aurora thing thrashed my computer. I have to reformat the whole thing tonight because of it. I did SpyBot, Adaware, and Stopzilla nothing seems to work.
    Since the Aurora started the whole GUI on my computer went crazy and everything looks like sh*t. Not only does it cause severe pop ups it causes my internet connection to stop and closes down all of my IE windows then starts shooting crazy amounts of pop ups. It also killed my sound the computer doesnt even recognize my sound card anymore. Oh yeah it also corrupted Norton antivirus too.
    Good luck.

BrendellaJet
    First, if you aren't already using service pack 2, get it, you can download from Microsoft for free. Make sure you get all of your windows updates as well. Last, get a cheap router. It will act as a firewall and should eliminate your pop ups. Also You can use adaware, its free and works well. Other programs you can download will find more spyware, but they aint free. They are worth their price though.

NorCal Gameshow
    check this out: http://www.mypctuneup.com/

HM
    Also, try using an alternative browser like FireFox from Mozilla....it is free. Spyware disappeared when I started using FireFox.

al cole'holic
    Thanks for the help guys!! I ran one of these programs and it found 32 "threats" and is cleaning em up....but it didn't find this Aurora bastard though.. :idea:

racecar.hotshoe
    Also, try using an alternative browser like FireFox from Mozilla....it is free. Spyware disappeared when I started using FireFox.
    Firefox has big problems in the security dept...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast