Thread: Gm = V-10?

cc322
    I thought I had read somewhere that GM was gonna come out with a v-10, any truth to that? Not that I would change from my triton v-10 but thought it was interesting, Whats the scoop Jordy

ADDICTED
    The only thing I have heard wasa straight 6 replacing the V-8's. Personally I think V-10 would be the wrong direction for GM to go.

Jordy
    Whats the scoop Jordy
    I haven't heard anything about it, however, gassers aren't something that I keep up with on a regular basis, at least not in on-road applications. As Addicted pointed out, I think it would be the wrong way for GM to go, especially with gas prices the way they are. I forsee lots more utilization of the straight 6 as that is a pretty hot little engine that they had to detune because it was making more power and getting better fuel economy than the small V-8's. Besides, the big GM V-8's were running right along side the Ford and Dodge V-10's with 2 less cylinders to feed. Plus, if you'll think back, the Ford and Dodge V-10's both had to run balance shafts to cancel out the harmonics created with the V-10. Just making a lot more complicated mousetrap with 2 extra cylinders.
    That's just my $.02. Then again, I'll never buy another gas truck, unless it's an old hot rod. I'll stick with my Duramaxes.

Jordy
    This was one I have seen.
    http://www.aluminum.org/Template.cfm...ContentID=5008
    Interesting. Could be true. Just seems like a step backwards to me. Then again, what do I know?

UnionJack
    I heard that a v10 is coming

PHOTOGLOU
    I confirmed this with a friend in detroit "IT IS COMMING IT IS CLOSE" to being here

goneboatin
    The way GM is going, I'd be wouldn't be suprised if they put everything on hold that would benfit them at this low point of their's. They cancelled all development of their Zeta platform vehicles which would be rear wheel drive vehicles about the size of the Accord. Is this a blow-it by GM or what?

cc322
    The way GM is going, I'd be wouldn't be suprised if they put everything on hold that would benfit them at this low point of their's. They cancelled all development of their Zeta platform vehicles which would be rear wheel drive vehicles about the size of the Accord. Is this a blow-it by GM or what?
    I dont think it is a blow it by GM and I am strictly Ford, It seems to me that all Auto manufactures hit a low now and again, It's how they pull themselve's out of it, And they will.