Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blythe

beached1
    hey Hotrodder,
    What kind of boat did you have when you were at Mayflower? Do you know Doug White? James Barnes? Jeff Jacobs? Kenny Summers? TK? DQ? Me, Gerrit? We've been goin there for years. If not, peace to you Blyhtein. Flats are cool.

hottrodder
    beached1: In those days I had a 16' Schiada jet. Today you'll most likely see me in Blythe on a 21' Red/White Hallett Jet. I don't recognize any of those names but you know how it is when you have a regular crew you hang with. It takes a fist fight or a wet t-shirt contest to get two guys together. What do you run out there?
    Thx, HRr

Chestah Cheetah
    Originally posted by beached1:
    Jeff Jacobs?
    Pro IJSBA racer?

RiverToysJas
    The guy I bought my boat off of is a Blythe regular. He goes to Hidden Beaches if I remember right. He's got a v-drive or two now. One of his is a '67 Stevens v-drive with about 38 colors of paint all stripped up the hood. Actually looked very good, it was done well.
    RTJas.

wakeboarder
    blythe is the best kept secret...i stay and launch at mayflower county park. from there north there is not to many sand bars or snags. i own a jet and a tournement skier and havent had a problem yet. there are a couple of rv parks near the i10 which are mice too. lots of glass for wakeboarders and skiers.
    jeff..
    Originally posted by 1quickjet:
    Anybody know much about where to boat in Blythe? Currently hangout on Parker but its too crowded on Saturdays and the wakeboard boats screw up the water badly. Occasionally run up to Havasu, but many of the same problems, only bigger boats. I have heard Blythe is home to many hardcore jets. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to launch, and what parts of the river to stay away from. I dont care to run aground, as I have read in other posts. Thanks!

beached1
    Rivertoys, I thought your boat looked familliar. I think I've seen it before but don't know the person who had it. Chestah, I didn't think anyone in here followed Jet Ski racing. There are actually two Jeff Jacobs' in this world. I happen to know both of them. The one I was speking of isn't the Jammer. The other Jeff actually raced too but sucked like the rest of us. Ha ha. He was the guy who really got me hooked on Blythe. A lot of people from the industry started riding there back then too. Gary Hart, owner of Jettrim, Doug White, owner of Jetstter jet ski stands, Tom Kerker from Spalsh magazine, All of the management of Skat Trak. Many pro raceres as well. We used to all hang at the River Lagoon which is just up river from the I10 at the first bend. We could throw out bouys and race all day with out ever bothering any boaters. Hotrodder, I'll have to keep an eye out for ya next time. I have a Blue and Grey 20.5' Omega open bow jet.

beached1
    Oh yeah Hotrodder, If you're a Hallet fan, my buddy Doug is the guy with the orange and white Hallett bubble deck. He goes almost every weekend so you might have seen him. Tows it with a bright yellow Willeys. BTW, do you know Brad of River Speed and Sport?

hottrodder
    Hey, I know Doug! he's my buddys renter. Doug rents the trailer on the back of the property that some friends of mine from High School own. Doug's good peeps. He's always bringing out the steaks for our July 4 Bar-B-Que. He was there (Blythe) this weekend too riding his wet bike - jet ski thingy.

beached1
    You know Ed and Maria too? Cool. Were you their Millenium new years eve party? They are cool people. So is Doug. Known him for many years. He's a part owner of a meat cutting store in Montclair so he brings the good stuff to the river all the time. Last weekend we tried to get him to come with us to OP6, but he wussed out. I'm sure we may have rubbed shoulders before. I'll be lookin for ya in the future. Cold ones on me man.

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by beached1:
    Rivertoys, I thought your boat looked familliar. I think I've seen it before but don't know the person who had it.
    His name is Jack Landers. His daughter is an endurance skier and he barefoots.
    RTJas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast