Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blythe

beached1
    RTJ, that neme didn't ring a bell, but your boat did. His daughter a endurance wter skier or endurance PWC racer? I've done a few PWC Endurance long course races in the past out at Lake Cahuilla in Indio.

RiverToysJas
    Water Ski - behind a boat.
    She's young though. Maybe high school age.
    RTJas

Racing Ray
    Just curious, growing up I spent almost every weekend at Paradise Cove/ Hacker's Point. Do they still exist? They were 19 miles north of Blythe. Back in those days the only inboards were called crackerboxes and anyone running 50 MPH owned the river. I was taught by my Dad to watch the waters surface a rougher texture ment deeper water and a real smooth section ment sand bar. Do any of you watch for this? It worked for us I don't remember the old outboard ever hitting a sand bar.

beached1
    Racing Ray, Paradise is up above the Palo Verde damn. It's still there last time I checked. I learned your sand bar finding techniques the hard way. Thus my username. I was about 9 or 10 when my dad let me drive the old Southwind downriver while he could relax and drink a beer. It was my first time. I was doing good. My dad was enjoying the scenery until I heard him say, "Oh shit! Turn!" Well I panicked and took my foot off the gas. Second mistake. My dad couldn't help me recover in time before we totally beached the boat. It wa so far out of the water, no one could help us get it out. My dad threw out the anchor and slept in the boat all night and waited for the level to come back up. Next day, boat was fine. He never let me drive it again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123