Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone Know About Websense?

bigq
    ISA 2003 blocks all out/in bound ports and you have to manually open the ports up for websense and internet access. We only open 80, 8080 ports so that idea wouldn't work. If they did open all ports the Proxy, PCAnyWhere, MYPC, & VNC ports would show up on the reports.
    No SMTP or SSL or FTP? Sounds like you lock them down tight. I see a lot of networks that are scary how unsecure they are
    :notam:
    It's kinda good you need to lock ti down...job security

Panic Button
    SMTP & POP goes thru the exchange server, then external server for holding and scanning, no SSL or FTP, & limit up & download KB for internet. I work in Gaming and a disgruntal employee could send the player database to future employer. Email limited to 1m or less file, with a 87g db, it would take them some time...

Racer277
    (with respect!)
    It's funny how the most advanced companies offer very little access to the net. Meanwhile I'm (honestly) putting DS3's into k-6 schools. :messedup:
    Larry Ellison bought a wireless product (airespace) simply to shut down all wireless access anywhere on his campuses.... :idea:

Panic Button
    Got to love all the bandwidth for the kids, and I can get anymore T's in Mesquite because the LEC doesn't have any more lines...

NorCalCat
    Lots of hotties work there, they are one of my clients.

Ultra5150
    hey guys, what about using AOL ??? My websense blocks me from coming on ***boat, but I can access it by logging on to AOL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234