Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New band "Shortie"

HCS
    My freinds kid is in a band called Shortie. Thier about to release their newest cd. Thier first couple of cd's were hardcore punk. Now their trying something a little more rock.
    Video here (http://www.earache.com/bands/shortie/truth/player.html)

HCS
    How do you rate it?

NorCal Gameshow
    sounds good , but i'm an old $%&^ what do I know...

HCS
    They have the right sound. They did their hardcore gig over in Europe and it did pretty well. Their starting to get royalty return checks.
    Now they've revamped alittle and are trying a new sound. Their pretty popular here. There cd will be at Dimple records very soon. I think next week.

NorCal Gameshow
    my kid says they sound like:
    key to arson...any link?

HCS
    Hmmm...not sure. Sounds like alot of stuff on the air waves though.

NOTALENT
    There actually pretty sick..the music is good..the only thing I dont like is the style/look...Too many people have made punk trendy IMO. And there just biting the style with an Emo edge...The music doesnt go with it...Kind of sound like Blindside or Switch Foot...But there really good.

HCS
    Have to agree with the style/look. Their trying to catch the attention of a different crowd than just the hardcore punks.
    The band has been together for about 7 years. The lead singer use to do alot of screaming. He's toned it down a bit and has actually come along ways.
    Like alot of bands out there. Looking for that one cd to push em over the edge.
    Also they filmed that in their own house. I'm not sure how much professional input went into their look.

NOTALENT
    Have to agree with the style/look. Their trying to catch the attention of a different crowd than just the hardcore punks.
    The band has been together for about 7 years. The lead singer use to do alot of screaming. He's toned it down a bit and has actually come along ways.
    Like alot of bands out there. Looking for that one cd to push em over the edge.
    Also they filmed that in their own house. I'm not sure how much professional input went into their look.
    He does have a good scream. Im sure they will go far since that is a mainstream sound right now. I have been in the promoting world for years..Quite a few bands I know have blown up...like Avenged Sevenfold, This Love Machine, Thrice, Trapt etc..I remeber these guys playing to 30 person crowds @ chain or showcase,Hogie Barmichaels etc..But once they changed there tune to what was trendy they blue up!

HCS
    By the way my buddies son is the bass player.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast