Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New power!!!

superdave013
    pretty slick on how you did the injectors and the intercooler housing. Is that my old core? Kinda looks like it.

CrazyHippy
    What is the reason for 8 injectors above the blower and 8 below? I would think you could control flow better by keeping everything as close to the cyl as possible.
    BJH

Dan Lorenze
    Beautiful......

jackpunx
    Very nice.. BTW... along with the enging that is a sweet looking boat...
    be easy in and out on the drive and you should be fine..
    Looking forward to hearing how it goes.. keepem comin :smile:

Beer-30
    What is the reason for 8 injectors above the blower and 8 below? I would think you could control flow better by keeping everything as close to the cyl as possible.
    BJH
    If a person runs 8 HUGE injectors, they typically don't react as smooth as smaller ones. Kind of like how a small turbocharger spools quicker than a large one. 16 will idle noticeably smoother and give infinite adjustability. With the right ECM, 8 (in the intake) would run it at idle, cruise and probably most of part-throttle. Other 8 would blend in as load requires. Also, depending on the requirements and horsepower, you just can't get large enough ones to run 8, so it gets divided to another 8.
    I have heard of big-inch 16 injectored rigs that had issues with fuel tank vents. Can you believe they have had to add a second 5/8" vent line to each tank to meet the volume that is getting sucked out!?!

Well Done
    Hey BO..........Your engine looks dynamite. Looks like it will haul ass. Very Well Done.....forget the pun there. I agree with BEER-30's reply about the fuel flow though. I had to switch tanks with a larger fuel delivery capacity when I had the Procharger. Kept starving the engine and going lean. Guess you know what happens next!!!! Yep, bye bye pistons. I just had to try is twice to make sure. No problems with the whipple Now though. Just a caution, make sure the fuel lines will deliver enough gas when you need it. Can't wait to see your ride in person in a few weeks. See ya at the Island this summer.
    Well Done :supp:

Well Done
    Bo......what ya gonna do about the hatch cover? Looks like a lotta stuff to fit in that space.
    HMMMM..........better get out the hole saw man!!!!! You could run that thing uncovered. Infomaniac says thats the thing to do. Keeps ya from wearing out the hatch hinges at the Island. :hammer2:

The reason for the injectors on top of the blower is to cool and lube the rotors.

Hey BO..........Your engine looks dynamite. Looks like it will haul ass. Very Well Done.....forget the pun there. I agree with BEER-30's reply about the fuel flow though. I had to switch tanks with a larger fuel delivery capacity when I had the Procharger. Kept starving the engine and going lean. Guess you know what happens next!!!! Yep, bye bye pistons. I just had to try is twice to make sure. No problems with the whipple Now though. Just a caution, make sure the fuel lines will deliver enough gas when you need it. Can't wait to see your ride in person in a few weeks. See ya at the Island this summer.
    Hi , Randy I hope it runs good we'll see soon. I fired it up today sounds good will post pics later. I put #10 lines in both tanks and I'm going to run two A1000 pumps at the same time should do the trick. :idea: And I have some extra pistons just incase.
    And the scoop is already gone so I'm going topless like you :supp: :supp:

Hi Dave that is your old core. I have the houseing if you know anyone that needs it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast