Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BigMo's redone Hawaiian!!!!!

Devilman
    Big Mo, that's a sharp ass paint job!! She looks real good. The flames weren't always on it though, were they? I remember seeing that boat when it was on ebay, but don't remember the flames.... Nice!!

BigMo
    Not the best picture but this was the before paint. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ohnnys_jet.jpg

Devilman
    Oh yeah!! Flames, most definitely!!

blowngas
    sweet paint job-----would you mind sharing with us who shot it for you----thanks

BigMo
    sweet paint job-----would you mind sharing with us who shot it for you----thanks
    Thanks bud. I painted it. I work at South Coast Paint and Body in Katy,TX. If you need help let me know and i will gladly help.
    Mo

oldbuck40
    Big Mo just a guess what would it cost to get a somwhat wild paint job from the shop you work for on an 18' jet???

Devilman
    Big Mo just a guess what would it cost to get a somwhat wild paint job from the shop you work for on an 18' jet???
    Yeah, what he said. I like tha way flake looks(Sparkly!!) but not sure if I'd go back with it. Eveybody around here says its a major pain in the rump. :notam:

BigMo
    Yeah, what he said. I like tha way flake looks(Sparkly!!) but not sure if I'd go back with it. Eveybody around here says its a major pain in the rump. :notam:
    It would be hard to say what the cost would be with out seeing the boat and know what you would like done to it.
    As far as the flake, on my boat it wasnt to bad cause only the red is flake. i could see where a whole boat could be a pain but it would be worth it in the end.
    Mo

oldbuck40
    Yeah, what he said. I like tha way flake looks(Sparkly!!) but not sure if I'd go back with it. Eveybody around here says its a major pain in the rump. :notam:the biggest pain in the arse would be stripping the boat b/4 the paint and then having to put it all back together! i still have a couple years left on my paint job,you know it looks good from a distance,but it was way neglected from the kid i bought it from, i dont think he ever threw anything in the boat that didnt hit the paint somwhere :hammer2:

Devilman
    Right now, my whole boat is red flake, BIG flake. When I got my transom done, I had them get rid of the old exhaust outlets cause they're OT now. He didn't know how to shoot flake & told me he didn't think those places could be matched up in a spot-paint type situation anyway. I ended up just having him match the color as close as he could and started a savings plan for a real paint job sometime down the road... Not sure if he was BSing or not, too late now anyways, I already got it most of the way together

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast