Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jet boat steering problems

commander88
    Yep, got one when we got our new cable a few months ago, excellent addition.
    thanks for all the info i just got off the rex marine site and checked out thier on line catalog and see the parts i need ill take a cruise to thier place and check it out im only 30 minutes away with out traffic,

Devilman
    Rex Marine also has a nut for the steering tube, that seals it with an o-ring. It also has a special feature, it has a zert fitting so that you can pack the steering cable full of grease, which frees up the cable and takes up some slop in the cable. I just did it and it took almost a whole tube of grease. My steering is like brand new now.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ng_Arm-med.jpg
    Rex Marine also has this part as well. It is a nice little swivel fitting which also helps to free up the steering, as well as help remove any slop because everything is tight.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ivel_2-med.jpg
    I'll have to check that out. Looks killer! Only thing, by filling that tube up with grease, after running around a bit, won't the end of the cable out there be all slimed over with grease?!? Seems like a shot or two to lube the o-ring would be enough to keep the dribble away...
    Thanks for the pics! Definitely gives me an idea how to take care of it. :rollside:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12