Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Sprint Boat Racing

Stranger
    If there was a sprint boat track similar to the New Zealand and Australia tracks, in California; How many would be interested in watching and/or participating?
    We are thinking of doing such an operation and are testing the waters, so to speak.
    Please give honest answers and any suggestions.
    Post replies here and/or e-mail to racepix@pacbell.net.
    TIA, Stranger.

flat broke
    Well one way to ensure more folks will show is to allow folks to bring their own coolers inside the venue. 8-)
    Seriously though, if it wasn't too far off the beaten path, I would probably go out at least once just to check it out.
    Chris

superdave013
    I would love to go check it out. But if you don't end up doing it maybe you could build and race a Super Stock flattie or Try to bring back the jet boats to circle boat racing. Anyway, please keep us informed on how your doing with the sprint boat thing!

Jungle Boy
    We have toyed with the idea of getting something going in Alberta, but the toughest thing is finding a suitable place for a track. The treehuggers and so on don't like the noise. There are several old gravel pits along the river that I live on that would be great. I have rode in couple of these boats and it's wild ride for sure. I hope you succesfull in getting something up and running.

MikeF
    I saw a race @ Puddingstone (I think) once. Seemed like the venue was a pretty good one because of the lake banks are pretty good and fairly comfortable ampitheater and looks safe for the close quarters that the boats are travelling in. I would go again if it is located close to home. Although I like the boats avoiding the dirt piles better than the bouys. I do like how the boats hookup so well(!) and the turns are sooo quick! Mike

Stranger
    To the top. I REALLY need some feedback on this.
    Thanks.

Stranger
    No great interest, huh?

jweeks123
    Treehuggers and NIMBYs would have a field day with this. Motorsports enthusiasts are like terrorists to those jerks.

Hustler
    Where would you hold something like this in california? I cant really think of any place other than the very northern region california.
    I would be interested in the races but how far would people from SoCal have to travel? you have to keep in mind that most people in SoCal would love to got to the races as long as they can be home or doing there weekend gig after the races.
    Hustler

nelsonf
    I think they already have these races in Sacramento on the Yuba River
    like i said I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast