Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Newbie

payloan
    Allright this is gonna be the year that I finally get on Havi. I have allways just gone to Parker and never wanted to deal with the "kaos" at the "zoo". So with that being said can you tell me where:
    1. the best place to stay (reasonable and yes were talking a sword fight)
    2. the best place to launch
    3. the best time to launch
    4. the best time to get the fock out
    5. what type of equipment to bring (sand spike, box anchor etc.)
    Keep in mind that I have heard many good things but have also heard that there are alot of fockers out there that can get stupid. I have a very decieving look and am very mellow until some nut goes overboard than I have a tendency to suffer from "ghetto scytis". So what I am trying to say is that I just want to make the first time (to get a feel of it) an enjoyable experience and not a nightmare.

payloan
    bump

1stepcloser
    1. Nautical is nice, london bridge inn is nice. Camping on the beach at Crazy Horse is always a real adventure as well.
    2. For the best in launch ramp entertainment, Site Six cant be beat. (windsor is a better choice if you want to miss all the fun)
    2a. Cattail cove early in the morning is a nice alternative to the city ramps, if you dont mind driving a few miles out of town.
    3. Definately need to be there around 9 A.M. (no later than 6 A.M. though, if you mant to miss all the fun.)
    4. anytime starting aroung 6 P.M. till after sundown. (definately before 5P.M. though, if you want to miss all the fun.)
    5. Sand spike, box anchor are good, couple of chairs for the beach, matbe an E-Z up if you're gonna spend anytime on the beach. A large cooler filled with canned beverages only as no glass is allowed.
    6. A tolerant mood is also advised as there are indeed a lot of knuckleheads on the lake.

dicudmore
    1. Nautical is nice, london bridge inn is nice. Camping on the beach at Crazy Horse is always a real adventure as well.
    2. For the best in launch ramp entertainment, Site Six cant be beat. (windsor is a better choice if you want to miss all the fun)
    2a. Cattail cove early in the morning is a nice alternative to the city ramps, if you dont mind driving a few miles out of town.
    3. Definately need to be there around 9 A.M. (no later than 6 A.M. though, if you mant to miss all the fun.)
    4. anytime starting aroung 6 P.M. till after sundown. (definately before 5P.M. though, if you want to miss all the fun.)
    5. Sand spike, box anchor are good, couple of chairs for the beach, matbe an E-Z up if you're gonna spend anytime on the beach. A large cooler filled with canned beverages only as no glass is allowed.
    6. A tolerant mood is also advised as there are indeed a lot of knuckleheads on the lake.
    this sounds like pretty good advice

WYRD
    Winsor is far better than cattail..............................CATTAIL SUCKS :idea: :wink:

KROOZIN
    Winsor is far better than cattail..............................CATTAIL SUCKS :idea: :wink:
    what don't you like about Catail...haven't been there yet...I was going to try it out.....it's not better than the crowd at Windsor?

KROOZIN
    Allright this is gonna be the year that I finally get on Havi. I have allways just gone to Parker and never wanted to deal with the "kaos" at the "zoo". So with that being said can you tell me where:
    Keep in mind that I have heard many good things but have also heard that there are alot of fockers out there that can get stupid. I have a very decieving look and am very mellow until some nut goes overboard than I have a tendency to suffer from "ghetto scytis". So what I am trying to say is that I just want to make the first time (to get a feel of it) an enjoyable experience and not a nightmare.
    If you don't want to deal with knuckleheads, just find your own cove, or cruise through the gorge, float out in the lake, just stay out of the channel and away from the sand bar and you'll have an awesome time!
    Unless you want to see the show?

Boozer
    I agree with pretty much everything said except where to launch from. Personally I launch from site 6 but my boat is only 19'. If my boat were any bigger then 25' I would look for an alternative place to launch like Windsor.

SDLifesaver
    My advice to someone who has never been to Havasu before or any place for that matter is to remember that they are the new visitor and that before having a defense attitude about everything they hear they should maybe be on their best behavior and be watching out for all the other newbies instead of looking for them. My .02

Rod-64
    what don't you like about Catail...haven't been there yet...I was going to try it out.....it's not better than the crowd at Windsor?
    What don't we like about Cattail????
    It's that it's been on about 3 threads now...........too much advertising.
    I mentioned that it was closed til after Labor Day...............don't think no one bought it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast