Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duramax Hop up

No Regrets
    Getting ready to do something to open her up and improve mileage hopefully.
    Any opinions? Ive heard a little about Banks & Juice kits. Whos has what? How much? Whats better?
    Thanks in advance.
    BP

Boozer
    Are you trying to retain the factory warranty?

LHC30Victory
    Boozer, you are such a "car sales" kinda guy.....

Boozer
    Boozer, you are such a "car sales" kinda guy.....
    LOL not really. I just know what it's like to void the factory warranty on a car with performance mods and then have a motor take a crap on me.
    Warranty aside it really just depends on what kind of performance you want out of your truck. Do you want to smoke just about anything you encounter or just have a little more umph for towing?
    As far as adding mileage goes the best way to do that is to stay off the pedal. Certain mods will give you more fuel mileage but with the added power who's really going to stay out of throttle enough to see those benefits?

No Regrets
    The local dealership here in SCV seems to be okay with most of the guys here that have done it. Something about unplugging before you check in? Do Banks or Juice offer any overriding warranty? As far as the pedal, Ive been milkin it lately and w/ 5k on the odo, the best I stll see is mid 13's-4x4 no lift, just 285 tires.

dicudmore
    I think the Juice is the better way to go...
    and I was about to start a Juice thread too...
    Those using it, what power level do you use when towing? Got the manual here on my desk and it says to use level 1 or 2...

LHC30Victory
    The local dealership here in SCV seems to be okay with most of the guys here that have done it. Something about unplugging before you check in? Do Banks or Juice offer any overriding warranty? As far as the pedal, Ive been milkin it lately and w/ 5k on the odo, the best I stll see is mid 13's-4x4 no lift, just 285 tires.
    That seems kinda low. I have 1200 on my 05 and am getting 16ish combo town and short hwy (which isnt very fast - just no stop lights). Got 19 going to havi with only 300 on it. Very happy with it. BTW did I mention Jay and Boozer got it for me?

dicudmore
    That seems kinda low. I have 1200 on my 05 and am getting 16ish combo town and short hwy (which isnt very fast - just no stop lights). Got 19 going to havi with only 300 on it. Very happy with it. BTW did I mention Jay and Boozer got it for me?
    that's better than I get w/my dually...but about the same as I get w/my short bed ext cab

ItsOnly$
    I have the Juice Attitude. I run it on #3 all the time. I haven't towed with it yet. My mileage is approx 12-13. I'm on the pedal alot. The truck is a crew cab long bed with 11" lift and 20's with 38" tires. It has some serious getty-up. I've only ran it on #5 once. It was very responsive. I'm waiting for a little more break in before I get on it at #4 or #5. The truck only has 1200 miles.

INSman
    I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 with the Juice, AFE Intake and RBP 4" turbo back exhaust and I think the truck screams. I get killer mileage, almost 20 not towing (freeway) and about 14-17 towing, depending on which boat.
    I tow on setting (3) and will normally drive on 4 and kick it to 5 if I want to kick some little punks a$$ !!
    p.s. Make friends with a Diesel Mechanic at one of the dealerships nearby, and you should have little if any problems with warranty issues.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast