Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wing nut un cylinder?

Brendella
    I had my motor taken to reassemble the motor.
    after they put the heads on and ran it they burned my bearings. then I agreed to replace the bearings. next they tell me to buy a new pan and oil pump. I told him just to replace the pressure spring. work out great. running fine no problem then they here noises coming from the motor. turns out that the wing nut on the aire filter fell into the motor.
    damaging brand new valves forge pistons ect ect.
    what is a man to do in a cituation like this.

Bubbledeck2
    Get a rope!!!
    I would think it depends on who put the wing nut on, or in this case in. If you did, it's yours, if they did, it's theirs .. this is the way I see it anyways.

racingrascal
    Sounds to me like you have one hell of an engine builder! It all boils down to the wing installer. If you put it on you eat it. If they put it on they eat it. So who put it on?
    Andy

racingrascal
    BTW was the monkey involved at all?

RiverToysJas
    Since the whole problem happened while the builder had the engine, it's their problem. They'ed been working on it for weeks, they fired it. I believe, Bren never had the boat in his custidy so even if he did put that nut on, they should have made sure everything was tight before firing it. Who's to say someone at the shop didn't mess with it sometime last week?
    RTJas.

RiverToysJas
    BTW, my boat is fine now. I got everything fixed this morning! I had a bad ground connection.
    I saw the tramps Monkey left with, I even have photos! One of them mooned me!

Brendella
    The engine biulder had it for a couple of weeks, since they fired it and I'm paying them to do the job right I think it was their falt. he will let me know tomorrow about the damages. i think I will take a cruise to their shop just to see damages.
    My wife was complaining when I took the pict. of the motor completely dissasembled,now She thanks me because that is insurance that there was no damage if it goes to court.

Brendella
    hey guys look at the block when pulled apart the forge pistons look like someone to an ice pick and stab them 1000 times.small nicks. the valves are gone. need the heads redone.
    under the care and possesions act. the shop is completely responsible and has to replace all damage items.I request an inventory of reciepts and work done on the motor, which he also has to put in Leymans terminoligy.

SnapperSnacher
    Sorry to here that about that wing nut!!! I've seen it happen more then ones in shops in Miami, FL. Hope you are back running soon

Clutch
    Dear Wing Nut,
    Bummer about that costly and lots of down time.If fired at the shop there bad.But word of advise,use onlt nylon lock nuts where they apply,i.e. not on the exhaust etc.. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast